3 Likes

There are so many people I’d find tastier than him. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Try to start by the head.

3 Likes

Bots everywhere

Meanwhile in Russia

Can be somewhat upsetting, just a bit

https://cs14.pikabu.ru/video/2023/04/26/1682496292244518016_31b6415c_704x1280.webm

Russia Fire: Hellish Fire Annihilates 100+ Homes and Leaves One Dead

1 Like

The South Korean President singing “American Pie” in the White House:

Not too bad, I’d say. Even a decent performance for a casual singer.

2 Likes

Today is King’s day here.

King’s Day Eve yesterday evening:

The King and some of the royal familiy visiting Rotterdam today:

1 Like

I thought people would celebrate in orange :thinking:

2 Likes

Shoot, totally forgot about that! And I have to go through the city today… ugh

1 Like

Some will dress up in orange for the occasion, but you’ll find more significant “sea of orange” crowds of Dutch supporters in large international sporting events.

For example:

2 Likes

By the way, the orange color as a symbol for the Netherlands comes from the House of Orange, a dynastic family that was of major significance in the history of our country since William of Orange chose our side in our conflict with his former employer (and our official king at the time) Philips II of Spain in the 1560s.

Even though the Netherlands was a republic from 1579 until 1806, the House of Orange kept being closely tied to our country and after the Napoleanic wars it became our royal family and we turned into a monarchy again, although nowadays the royal family may not be more than some sort of mascotte for most Dutch people.

1 Like
2 Likes

A short summary video:

1 Like

The owner of brands including Louis Vuitton, Dior and Tiffany is riding a surge in luxury spending. The sector is seeing major growth in the US and among China’s middle class in particular.

Good for you. Must be nice. Totally not jealous.

2 Likes

Yep, Bernard Arnault is the richest man in the world with 211 billion dollars, second is Elon Musk (180 bn). Meanwhile 330000 people are homeless in France and more than 4 million get the “Revenu de solidarité active” (about 600 € per person, it’s a welfare for unemployed people who wouldn’t get unemployment benefits otherwise; this is about half the minimum salary for a full-time job).

7 Likes

Hot take: it’s hypocritical to praise all the British entertainers who have declined the Charles invitation, when it was OK for them to accept the Dubai invitation not so long ago.

2 Likes

This really should be a podcast ahahah

And people talk crap about Taliban. Look, they’re the good guys.

Maybe more a case of “not worse than”, which is a low bar when comparing to IS.

1 Like