2023: “Things change, and they don’t change back.”

I think I lost a once-in-a-life opportunity to get rich when I cleaned my fridge the other day.

(If this article is reliable, there must be a very serious problem in the region since they are so desperate.)

4 Likes

Maybe don’t take life advice from celebrity lint?

Is that literal lint bring touted as a miracle cure, or a metaphor?

Don’t give them ideas!!!

1 Like

8 Likes

Adorable

4 Likes

Vaccination jokes are currently writing themselves and crying.

2 Likes

How many people does it take to change a smart lightbulb?
I’ll let you know when they’ve changed them…

6 Likes

I’ve checked twice to make sure this isn’t in Greece.

4 Likes

The smart lighting company that installed the lights over 10 years ago, 5th Light, has apparently changed hands several times now and is currently owned by a company called Reflex Lighting. According to the Smoke Signal report, what’s left of 5th Light no longer has access to the old, proprietary software to fix anything, so “fixing” the system means replacing it with new hardware.

The Reflex PR team is not good enough. They could have earned money by playing the “school, save our kids” card and milk it until 2093.

3 Likes

Meanwhile robot sushi chefs and AI sushi restaurant feels kinda 2023 to me!

1 Like

Prisoner rehabilitation program is going great.

1 Like

Whoever is young-ish and wants value for money yet, unique vacations, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyNupLdByUM

I am seriously thinking about it … for “some day” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Interesting, so Prigozhin admits it is a war? Or would he be tried now? :thinking:

1 Like
5 Likes

Maybe it’s time schools and Universities focussed on something else than empty memorisation and reciting for a change? Many of the exams rely on what ‘wisdoms’ the professor says during the lecture or on students being able to produce copy of stuff the professors wrote. I think it’s a good thing a bot can perform well enough in an average exam. It might make the professors rethink their approach to teaching.

When the bot becomes able to actually replicate critical thought, we’ll cross that bridge then.

7 Likes

Its not fully automatic yet. Like google, its possible to use to cheat, but without human operator that modifies text before the question, it would often give something stupid.

4 Likes

Before ChatGPT, computers were already able to pass calculus exams. It doesn’t mean that training humans in calculus is worthless.

6 Likes

That’s true for calculus, maybe, it is not my domain. I guess you would have to do some work on your own if you wanted to solve a calculus problem.
My comment stands for schools like litterature, law, business and other disciplines which rely a lot on what the professor has published and where exams can be about the professor’s work entirely.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time robots do all the work for us. There was so much talk about humans doing art or whatever because all the labor would be done by robots and so far lots of people have to work three jobs just to get by.

4 Likes