2023: “Things change, and they don’t change back.”

Well as long as they don’t send us kill each other, and share a bit more of their accumulated treasure :joy:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Esports trying to create chess-levels controversies about salty losers and failing.

1 Like

Some sports even have rules and regulations regarding equipment being intentionally damaged in anger (e.g., rackets in tennis, clubs in golf).

2 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder how strong fish are at Go?

2 Likes

“You throw the controller,” one tweeter said to Riddles in all caps. “Do you know how much you make people suffer?

They “suffered” because someone else threw a controller?

“If you give him a pass now, 9 times outta 10, it’ll happen again. Just stop fam lmao. Everyone has those moments, we get it, but shrugging it off like this just shows why top player privilege is a thing.”

Have there people PLAYED a sport in their lives? :thinking:

Leon said. “Throwing your own controller to [release] frustration isn’t the best move, but it concerns only him and himself. As long as he respects his opponents (which was the case with me), there is nothing very disgusting [about what he did].

Now there is someone that is totally correct.

Esports trying to create chess-levels controversies about salty losers and failing.

Making mountains out of ant-hills more like :stuck_out_tongue:

Blizzard had a well-known sexual harassment problem for years before anything was barely done.

But stand up for your team and you’re fired the same day

3 Likes

Obviously this.

I mean, that was my point? They are trying to make a story out of a couple of bored tweets.

2 Likes

I thought you meant esports as separate from journalists.

To be fair, computers are mainly designed to solve math problems so we don’t have to, and allow us the freedom to do something more interesting.

An AI that can write NPC dialogue based on what you do and is happening in the world, or modify quests on the fly, or adapt to a player’s tactics would be amazing.

I assume you meant “computers are mainly designed to make computations”. Computing is not the most interesting part of math but you have to learn it if you want to go further, like you have to learn your ABC before studying poetry. Most students need short term motivation (exams) to learn repetitive tasks, if you only ask interesting questions then students won’t bother to learn the basics.

2 Likes

Meanwhile in chess

3 Likes

Those bastards :sweat_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m willing to bet that somewhere, something is categorized as “chess play”.

1 Like

meanwhile in Asia Go is more popular than Chess

3 Likes

So, if I understand this graph correctly, in September there were 100 people interested in chess and 24 people interested in go? Which town is that data from?

In one town?

packs bags and checks passport

13 Likes

These plots are produced by Google Trends, which explains the meaning of these values as follows:

Interest over time

Numbers represent search interest relative to the highest point on the chart for the given region and time. A value of 100 is the peak popularity for the term. A value of 50 means that the term is half as popular. A score of 0 means there was not enough data for this term.

Basically, the plots are normalized to have a peak of 100, so everything is only a relative comparison over time and between topics.

3 Likes