Proof

2 Likes

Well done!

"Proof" that I got more

7 Likes
Proof that I got even more

]

2 Likes

I count in pairs only. I feel like counting in bigger shapes or with some tricks make it harder to figure out how to finish borders in real game.

Is there an offline version of this?

1 Like

Since it popped up again, a mode maybe where it isnā€™t time limited but streak limited.

That is take as long as you want but it ends when you make a mistake, instead of in a fixed time.

3 Likes

Sorry, no! But it should be possible to just download the webpage, Iā€™ll just need to remove a CDN dependency first.

I think Iā€™ll change it to a customizable fixed time per board, so that you can set your own difficulty (including unlimited time per board). Iā€™ll update here once I found the time to implement this!

8 Likes

On my phone (Android +opera)i have to switch to ā€œdesktop siteā€ to be usable (problem with format otherwise). Not a big deal but i thought i should mention it.

screenshot

On mobile Default view, fully zooming out itā€™s truncated and i cannot even move it around

In my opinion it makes it a bit easier and fun as using the game page which works well too with thumbnails getting frozen after the result decided. You count and then you check by activating the game. More variety (different board size, sekiā€¦) and indeed more difficulty.

Thank you for reporting! Iā€™ve had a similar issue in the past so I might know how to fix it.

3 Likes

New version up!

Itā€™s now self-contained (no external CDN dependency), but I still canā€™t get it to work offline on my phone by just downloading the webpage - maybe someone else can figure out a way to do it.

You can now set your own time limit per board in seconds when loading the page!
(I know a prompt is not the best way to do this, Iā€™m lazy and not very good at UI stuff)

@Groin The zooming bug might be fixed, please let me know if it still shows up.

8 Likes

Working perfectly now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Would you be prepared to publish your code, for example on GitHub?

With a bit of luck idea and improvements would come pouring in .

2 Likes

Hahaha my first try:

I guess thatā€™s the komi thing (hopefully). I think it would be helpful to show a score breakdown (or at least a score) so itā€™s clear why thereā€™s a loss.

Anyway thatā€™s really fun and I like the design a lot!

1 Like

I guess I donā€™t see much harm in setting this to public, but I take no responsibility for the quality of this code :slight_smile:

(the main game logic stuff is in graphics.js)

3 Likes

The score is always B+1 or W+1, so if you get a board wrong you can deduce what the actual score was :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ohh I didnā€™t realize that, thanks! And also wow this game is going to test my limits then. I never count that precisely :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe add a license? Youā€™re not obligated to of course, but people really arenā€™t supposed to touch your code without one (IANAL, TINLA :joy:)

And many licenses cover this! For instance, MIT has

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ā€œAS ISā€, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

3 Likes

So I just throw a file like this in there?

https://github.com/antonTobi/counting/blob/master/LICENSE.md

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s the idea! I wanted this to be a tool to practice counting exactly, using the various strategies shared earlier in the thread.

2 Likes