A review in 24 parts 🎄 (now with polls!)

Um, the correct* way to ask this is to make a poll about it. :wink:

*as per Forum Sacred Traditions

I figured since it was a pretty open ended question written feedback might be better, but I guess why not both? :smiley:

• I like questions where all moves are good, and it’s a matter of style which is the best.
  • I like questions where there is one clearly superior move, so that I can tell whether I was “right” or “wrong” with my guess.

0 voters

Today’s video is the shortest one so far. It may have a little do with the fact that I realized that 15 endgame moves might not offer as much to talk about as 15 opening/midgame moves, so I’m trying to “slow down” a bit with how many moves I cover in each video, so we don’t accidentally finish the game before the planned 24 parts :stuck_out_tongue:

What should black do?
  • A - Cut first, think later!
  • B - Prepare before cutting.

0 voters

2 Likes
Which endgame is bigger?
  • A
  • B

0 voters

2 Likes
What should white do?
  • A - Cut and kill!
  • B - Back off and let black connect.

0 voters

2 Likes
What should black do?
  • A - Respond locally
  • B - Tenuki

0 voters

2 Likes

I would have played O13 or thereabouts, but I guess not…

That might be ok too! Black would probably start with N14 in that area, since it is threatening to cut white off.

When I leave 2-3 options there are always more moves that are playable, and sometimes the “best” move (according to KataGo) isn’t even one of the options, so if you have some different ideas than my suggestions it doesn’t mean that they are bad :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
What should white do?
  • A - Connect solidly
  • B - Poke black’s shape and try to get sente

0 voters

3 Likes

Thanks to those who are still following along :slight_smile: It might seem like there’s just small endgame left now, but in today’s video a wild tsumego appears…

What should black do?
  • Continue helping the upper group
  • Tenuki, it’s already alive

0 voters

4 Likes
How should white handle the cut?
  • A
  • B

0 voters

3 Likes

Who do you think is winning?

• Black is sligthly ahead
  • White is slightly ahead
  • Too close to tell

0 voters

3 Likes
3 Likes

The central area looks like the only one in which I’d feel like venturing. As a simple-minded ddk I’d just go H9.

1 Like

Your simple-minded ddk instincts are pretty good @PiggyStardust :wink:

What should white do?

• A - Take the original ko
  • B - Take the new ko

0 voters

3 Likes

From which direction should black atari?
  • A
  • B

0 voters

3 Likes

What should black do?

• Continue locally
  • Tenuki

0 voters

3 Likes

Hmm, I just killed black at the top, guess I’ll go for playing locally this time… :confused:

1 Like

Sorry for tricking you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, I can’t see any reason to play locally… So I’m going for tenuki after all

1 Like