A review in 24 parts šŸŽ„ (now with polls!)

Um, the correct* way to ask this is to make a poll about it. :wink:

*as per Forum Sacred Traditions

I figured since it was a pretty open ended question written feedback might be better, but I guess why not both? :smiley:

• I like questions where all moves are good, and itā€™s a matter of style which is the best.
  • I like questions where there is one clearly superior move, so that I can tell whether I was ā€œrightā€ or ā€œwrongā€ with my guess.

0 voters

Todayā€™s video is the shortest one so far. It may have a little do with the fact that I realized that 15 endgame moves might not offer as much to talk about as 15 opening/midgame moves, so Iā€™m trying to ā€œslow downā€ a bit with how many moves I cover in each video, so we donā€™t accidentally finish the game before the planned 24 parts :stuck_out_tongue:

What should black do?
  • A - Cut first, think later!
  • B - Prepare before cutting.

0 voters

2 Likes
Which endgame is bigger?
  • A
  • B

0 voters

2 Likes
What should white do?
  • A - Cut and kill!
  • B - Back off and let black connect.

0 voters

2 Likes
What should black do?
  • A - Respond locally
  • B - Tenuki

0 voters

2 Likes

I would have played O13 or thereabouts, but I guess notā€¦

That might be ok too! Black would probably start with N14 in that area, since it is threatening to cut white off.

When I leave 2-3 options there are always more moves that are playable, and sometimes the ā€œbestā€ move (according to KataGo) isnā€™t even one of the options, so if you have some different ideas than my suggestions it doesnā€™t mean that they are bad :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
What should white do?
  • A - Connect solidly
  • B - Poke blackā€™s shape and try to get sente

0 voters

3 Likes

Thanks to those who are still following along :slight_smile: It might seem like thereā€™s just small endgame left now, but in todayā€™s video a wild tsumego appearsā€¦

What should black do?
  • Continue helping the upper group
  • Tenuki, itā€™s already alive

0 voters

4 Likes
How should white handle the cut?
  • A
  • B

0 voters

3 Likes

Who do you think is winning?

• Black is sligthly ahead
  • White is slightly ahead
  • Too close to tell

0 voters

3 Likes
3 Likes

The central area looks like the only one in which Iā€™d feel like venturing. As a simple-minded ddk Iā€™d just go H9.

1 Like

Your simple-minded ddk instincts are pretty good @PiggyStardust :wink:

What should white do?

• A - Take the original ko
  • B - Take the new ko

0 voters

3 Likes

From which direction should black atari?

• A
  • B

0 voters

3 Likes

What should black do?

• Continue locally
  • Tenuki

0 voters

3 Likes

Hmm, I just killed black at the top, guess Iā€™ll go for playing locally this timeā€¦ :confused:

1 Like

Sorry for tricking you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, I canā€™t see any reason to play locallyā€¦ So Iā€™m going for tenuki after all

1 Like