A Semantic Game

Furthermore, what constitutes a round?

@Gia may be misinterpreting the power of the frolicker.

You may do whatever you want, but in the end your only power is to enact a single rule that has to be exactly 78 characters long.

You can also optionally delete one rule.

And that’s it. The list of rules is on the first post (and there’s actually not that many in effect, I already reformatted them for easy reading).

Not reading it. You can’t make me.

:woman_shrugging:

As long as your rule is exactly 78 characters long and does not mention any person in particular, it will probably pass.

Oh, and also that you have to say “frolic” instead of the… forbidden word.

1 Like

I think @Leira is grossly misrepresenting the power of the frolicker.

Don’t subclauses give a loophole to make rules arbitrarily long? After all, isn’t your entire agenda to pass a sweeping constitution by ironically exploiting such a loophole?

Shorter rules are fine too, just by appending a bunch of exclamation points.

1 Like

Ah yeah, sure

But your initial statement of the rule has to be 78 characters long. That’s all I meant. I didn’t even put that rule in. She could say like

“the following list of subclauses yadda-yadda”

But that part has to be 78 characters long.

Anyway, my point is that say, for example, you… frolic… in the game of hangman, and she says, “that’s it” and leaves, that does not solve the problem.

Also, who would put exclamation points? You obviously insert emoji :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@Gia not a pitchfork but a hammer
:hammer:

If I understood Gia’s dispositions correctly, this round of hangman might be infinite, because the one with more games, and not the highest score, wins. I have therefore decided to surrender to @Sanonius so that the game may proceed. Let’s give the triumvirate a try!
Also, I’m not pinging her anymore because I had the impression she wasn’t too happy about being forcedly involved.

1 Like

I interpreted it as the one with more solved words within these two minutes. Thank you, Piggy for your surrender, and thank you Gia for helping establishing a rule of Justice.

Since the Vox Populi says they’re “fine with me” and since Piggy surrendered and @Leira was eliminated by decision of a neutral arbiter, who was installed by popular demand, I declare myself to be the Frolicker.

Since I understand the constitutional drafts put forward by us to supplant the primordial Rules as defined in the Original Post, I hereby declare these Rules for temporarily out of vigour until 2020-09-18T10:00:00Z.

The Consitution as put forward by me earlier will enter vigour on the same time. Any of the aforementioned previous rules will not re-enter vigour if they contradict with the Constitution.

My next post will be the List of Citizens, all numbered. If I can’t figure out how to make it a Wiki, I will ask @Vsotvep to make it one. Afterwards, I will roll the discobot to determine the Officials.

τὸ γὰρ εὖ βουλεύεσθαι κέρδος μέγιστον εὑρίσκω ἐόν. (‘I find that a good deliberation brings the greatest merit’)

• Herodot, 7.10.δ.2, Mardonios to King Xerxes
3 Likes
Number Citizen
01 @Leira
02 @PiggyStardust
03 @Vsotvep
04 @Sanonius
05 @Haze_with_a_Z
06 @yebellz
07 @RubyMineshaft
08 @Groin
09 @martin3141
10 @Samraku
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 -
1 Like

These are the ten most frequent posters in this thread, minus Gia.

This roll determines the three Triumvirs:

@discobot roll 3d10

:game_die: 10, 2, 6

Congratulations @Samraku, @PiggyStardust and @yebellz. Please meet 2020-09-18T10:00:00Z for your first legislation, which will last until 2020-09-19T10:00:00Z. One of you must roll the next three Officeholders within that timespan.

1 Like

This roll determines the Tribune.

@discobot roll 1d10

:game_die: 9

@martin3141, you are the Tribune for the Period of 2020-09-18T10:00:00Z until 2020-09-19T10:00:00Z. Within that time, you can force a votation over a Rule, be it the amending of an existing rule or the introduction of a new rule by your design, if you have the support of the people.

@discobot why do you do this to me? I need to finish my bachelor presentation for next week … but I keep getting distracted by funny forum games :fearful: :sob: :sweat_smile:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

You don’t actually have to do anything. :grin: what’s your bachelorarbeit about anyway?

I don’t want to be nitpicky here, but you were not chosen democratically, so you could of course say that you’re frolicking, but according to the rules, you’re not actually frolicking…

That is, rolling dice is not exactly “democracy”

Nor is winning a game of hangman.

2 Likes