A Semantic Game

We just all try to be pedantic as possible while playing politics in a trivial game that means nothing

6 Likes

We are too far gone now. Just enjoy the ride.

2 Likes

Now look at that! :sweat_smile:
You see? You see?!?
This is what democracy leads to!

I actually like this political turn of events.

I like that both polls are tied

Okay, here’s back to the old way.

Allow me to frolick and I will bring change to this situation

• Vsotvep may frolick
  • Vsotvep may not frolick

0 voters

1 Like

Neat, I voted Blank because I don’t care about which Rules will be in vigour right now, if I can have them changed later anyway. I’m open for coalitional talk! (My country has proportionate representation of parties even in the cabinet, I know my stuff)

1 Like

Wait, this situation isn’t random enough.
Do you want Gia to frolick?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

FYI, @Gia, it looks like you’re about to be drafted into this madness.

4 Likes

It looks like we will soon be electing our first Madam Frolicker, whether she likes it or not. :laughing:

3 Likes

I ain’t reading 189 posts for nobody, either give a tl;dr or prepare accordingly.

6 Likes

You’ll just be asked a simple question when the poll is closed (monarchy or democracy?). Pleeeeeease @Gia help us, our society is ripped apart by internal dissent, an order needs to be established.

You’re our Aisymnetes now!

1 Like

Well, I need to hear offers, eh, I mean each side’s arguments.

1 Like
This is Leira's Constitution

That Thing You Never Read But Click Accept

Definitions:

• a Comment: Text within The Document enclosed by the symbols <>. It has no legal purpose other than explanatory.

<>

• The Game: “A Semantic Game”.
  • The Main Thread: the forum thread hosting The Game.
  • The Post: the first post on The Main Thread. < It is a Wiki>
  • a Player: You and anyone else participating in The Game.
  • The Document: “That Thing You Never Read But Click Accept”.

<>

• an Article: each item in The Document.
  • a Rule: a numbered legal fragment referred to as a Rule.
  • a Clause: a Rule, an Article, or any other legal fragment that is binding.

<>

• to tamper with: to modify, amend, delete, make void, or to change in any way (including the numbering).

<>

• a Pinky-Promise: a lock on a Clause or a group of Clauses that prevents them from being tampered with (by means not stated within the Clauses themselves) until the Pinky-Promise is lifted.
  • an unliftable Pinky-Pinky-Promise: a Pinky promise that cannot be lifted.
  • a sui-generis Pinky-Promise: a Pinky-Promise that has to be lifted individually.

<>

• an Election: a method of choosing one alternative over another.
  • a Referee: a Player responsible for deciding the proper interpretation of a Clause.
  • a Mini-game: any game other than The Game.

<>

• frolicking: winning an iteration of the game.
  • weeping: losing an iteration of the game.
  • conforming: tying an iteration of the game.
  • being present: a Player is present if they participate (likes, poll votes, and posts) on The Main Thread.

The Terms and Conditions:

1. Pinky-Promises cannot be tampered with except by lifting. Once lifted, the Pinky-Promise is deleted.
    0a. Unliftable Pinky-Promises cannot be lifted or made liftable by any means.
    0b. No procedure may lift a Pinky-Promise and tamper with its protected Clause at the same time.
  2. The Game is governed by Rules
    < This is referred to as the Law of Rule>
    1a. The numbering of each Rule must be different.
  3. The name of The Game is stated in the definition of The Game.
    2a. Any change in the name of The Main Thread must be reflected accordingly in the definition of The Game.
    2b. Any change in any Clause must be unambiguously reflected in The Post.
  4. All rules that contradict The Document are void and immediately deleted without consequence.
  5. There is an unliftable Pinky-Promise on Articles 0, 0a, 0b, 1, 1a, 2, 2a, 2b, 3, 4 and on all of the Definitions.
    <This Pinky-Promise locks itself, good luck finding a loophole>

<----------------------->

1. Rule 0 cannot be tampered with by any means.
    5b. There is a sui-generis Pinky-Promise on Article 5.
  2. Election is done via polling (voters not shown, results shown after closing).
    6a. Only one Election can be held at any given time.
    6b. Everyone is allowed to vote on Elections at most once (though an Election may allow multiple choices).
    6c. Elections must be held publicly on the Main Thread.
    6d. An Election can be started by any Player
  3. In order to enact or tamper with a Rule (other than Rule 0), an Election must be held.
    7a. Such Election must state which Rule it aims to enact or tamper with
    7b. There must always be 3 choices: Aye, Nay, Null.
    7c. Such Election is not valid if fewer than 4 Players are present during voting.
    7d. Such Election is not valid if is not voted on by at least half of the present Players during the last 12 hours.
    7e. A new Rule may not contradict a previous Rule unless explicitly stated which Rules it aims to tamper with.
    7e. The Rule is enacted or tampered with if and only if the Ayes are greater than the Nays, and conditions 7c, 7d and 7e are met.
    7f. If an enacted Rule is found to contradict another, the newest Rule that causes the contradiction is deleted without consequence.
  4. A Pinky-Promise can only be lifted by tampering with the context where it belongs.
  5. In order to enact or tamper with an Article an Election must be held.
    9a. Such Election must state which Article it aims to enact or tamper with
    9b. There must always be 3 choices: Aye, Nay, Null.
    9c. Such Election is not valid if fewer than 6 Players are present during voting.
    9d. Such Election is not valid if is not voted on by at least half of the present Players during the last 12 hours.
    9e. A new Article may not contradict a previous Article.
    9f. The Rule is enacted or tampered with if and only if the Ayes at least 2/3 of the total votes and conditions 9c, 9d and 9e are met.
  6. A Player may not frolic if they weep.
    10a. Several Players may frolic, weep or conform at the same time.
  7. All Players are equal under the Rules.
    < a Rule that applies to a Player must equally apply to every other Player>
    11a. A Rule may not mention or imply the identity of any particular Player.
    11b. Rules that create unequal positions within the Players must specify a valid method of Election for such positions.
    11c. Frolicking, weeping or conforming are not positions but a states of being.
  8. Mini-games within The Game are allowed.
    12a. Mini-games may have whatever rules differing from The Rules.
    12b. Mini-games cannot consequentially tamper with The Rules in a manner that contradicts The Rules.
    12c. Players may frolic, weep or conform by means of a Mini-game.
    12d. Players may frolic, weep or conform by means other than a Mini-game.
  9. The Game may end.
    13a. The Game may only end via Rule. Such Rule must specify the consequences of ending The Game.
    13b. However, The Game cannot currently end.
    13c. There is a sui-generis Pinky-Promise on Article 13b.
    13d. Individual iterations within The Game may end without causing The Game to end.
  10. Any contradiction within The Document has to be addressed individually by election of a Referee.
    14a. The discovery of a contradiction within The Document may not invalidate the rest of The Document.
    14b. The Principle of Explosion may not apply.
    14c. Referees are elected by simple majority from a pool of no less than 4 Players.
This is PiggyStardust's

Program of the OGS Kingdom:

• Every turn there is a King, who decides one rule to that turn
  • The first King is democratically elected
  • All rules promulgated by the Kings (the possibility of a Constitution will be taken into consideration) can be later nullified, amended and corrected, but not broken as long as they are effective
  • The rule becomes immediately effective
  • However, the plebs have the right to rebel to the rule and to the King who created it. The first to claim this right will be the Leader of the riot.
  • A poll will follow. If the majority of the plebs vote against the rule, the King is dismissed and the Leader becomes King. However, the previous King’s rule stays effective and another turn is necessary to annul it. This can only be done with another rule.
  • If the plebs don’t support the Leader, the riot fails and the King decides a punishment for the Leader. The King then rules for another turn.
This ist mine
  1. There is an open list of “Citizens”. Anybody who wishes to do so can have themselves inscribed.
  2. Every day, a legislative comittee of three (3) called the Triumvirate is chosen at random from among the Citizens. In addition, a Tribune is chosen in the same way.
  3. The Triumviri are equal. So is everybody, actually.
  4. One of the Triumviri is the Censor and watches over the list of Citizens. Another one, the Aedil, organises the daily polls and keeps protocol of whatever s/he sees fit. The Praetor announces all of the Triumvirate’s decisions.
  5. The Triumviri make the Rules of the Game, but their decisions have to be unanimous.
  6. Every Rule made by the Triumviri must be sanctioned by all other players (Citizens and non-Citizens) in a votation by simple majority.
  7. The Tribune may formulate new Rules and enforce a votation about them, if s/he has the support of four other Citizens.

The game is supposed to have Rules that are changed by whoever is in power a.k.a. “is frolicking”. But how does one get into power? We tried democracy, but it turned out a bit weird.

3 Likes

Leira’s is rejected, due to “too many words”.

PiggyStardust and Sanonius will play a timed hangman game here https://hangmanwordgame.com/ and provide screenshots with results. The one with the most games gets this round.

For the next three rounds, everyone needs to accompany their proposal with a Latin or Greek quote, preferably related to power. Duplicates are not allowed.

5 Likes

This is the :ox::poop: I signed up for!

4 Likes

This is mine ANARCHY! Be uninhibited!

This is not 78 characters long, cannot be enacted as a rule.

What Gia said was not new rules for who frolicks, but rather, her own personal rules for how she is to choose what rule she enacts.

She holds the power (or at least appears to soon be declared frolicker once her poll closes), and has used that power to ask for proposals as to which direction this game should go. Essentially, we’re playing a subgame with rules that Gia is free to dictate in order to influence how she might use her power in the main game.

2 Likes

I thought she is also supposed to come to a conclusion as to whose Rules are going to win.

btw, these are my results