About your school

So we started talking a bit about our school in a thread and Haze suggested we made a thread for it so here it is.My school starts in exactly ten days online and hybrid will be coming once we can.

3 Likes

School of Go?
Hybrid?

3 Likes

No I mean the ones u learn math English and Spanish and Japanese and French and Italian and chinese.Hybrid means half of the students go to school and half of them will stay at home.

4 Likes

Oh, you’re young! :grin:

I’m from Italy. Here school start around 15 September usually. We still don’t know what will be this year. I have daughters and I am quite worried.

I think it would be useful to add informations about country and age/school level.

Never heard before.
We don’t do that: all in or all out.

3 Likes

The schools I attended are still standing, I think. That’s all I have.

5 Likes

In my tiny country they once had the idea that it would be best if not all the schools started at the same time, so it depends on whether you live in the North, Centre or South area in which week your holiday ends. Even more stupid: they rotate schedule, such that some years a certain region has 2 weeks more classes than another region.

I’ve always assumed it is all to prevent the whole country from simultaneously moving to the same few French beaches, clogging up Belgium. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

the West just said “whatever, we’re drawing straws”?

4 Likes

Maybe we’re too small to have a West (we’re not, honestly, the West is what we call the randstad, comprised of Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam & The Hague, i.e. the ‘big’ cities agglomeration where half of the population resides).

5 Likes

Schools in Greece are scheduled to open around 14th of September and the plan so far is to have half the students attend at Monday-Wednesday-Friday and the rest of them the other days or something like that. Seems like a complex plan which I do not know if it can be sustained through the whole educational cycle of the coming year, but we will see what can be done.

4 Likes

I’m too old for school, but here’s an example of what’s going on in the USA.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I heard that on the news.
I already posted some stuff about my school, here - Werewolf Games Planning and Prep G5!
EDIT: Turns out it was moved. In fact, it is right under this post!

2 Likes

School starts in September for me (I think? It might be delayed), and currently, there is no plan AT ALL (no testing, no contact tracing, no masks (at least not mandatory, but to be honest (yes I didn’t type tbh (so many nested brackets)), kids probably couldn’t wear that anyway), and I’m pretty sure no change in classroom size / distance between students), which is pretty stupid. It is in-person, unless the governor says otherwise, which I’m pretty sure they will. (I’m in New York)

3 Likes

We were trying to do a hybrid but we ended up doing totally at-home
Mine starts August 31st (why not just september?)
I live in California (which techinichly has more people than new york (but I guess it also has more people(but I live farther away from the major hotspots(los angeles is the hotspot and I live in northern california(los angeles is southern in case you didn’t know(why is everyone using parentheses))))))

2 Likes

because we like using them(and we can have two thoughts relating to the same thing at once without going off topic)

Also, should we split this topic at some point? It’s turning into more of a school discussion than anything.

4 Likes

@Vsotvep?
I think this would be the correct thread for some of this stuff:

Could you please move them(either post 39 or 40 should be the first one moved, although idk where 39 belongs)

3 Likes

School will start this Wednesday for me(well it is remote on Wednesday.as I go to school on even days(six day schedule so day 1=next Wednesday day two =next Thursday so we will have less children and the holidays won’t always be the day we have our favorite class.

5 Likes

My school started 20 days ago.

2 Likes

My schooling stopped many years ago, but since then I have been attending the university of life (creating my own curriculum) and guess what … from that time I started to enjoy learning :grin:

4 Likes