Academic Go research participation

Hi Fellow Go players!

As part of my master’s degree at Copenhagen University, I am conducting research into the Go community and how you feel about computer-assisted Go, like AlphaGo.

The community has already helped shape the project into the survey in its current form. Now I’m hoping to get as many Go players as possible to take the survey as every response makes a significant difference to the quality of the final findings.

Survey: https://nielswee.typeform.com/to/OI408zb4

(It takes about 10 mins to complete)

As a thank you, I’ll be sure to send you my findings, once I have them this summer (Just let me know by the end of the survey)

Looking forward to seeing your responses

Thank you!

10 Likes

Interesting/strange that you don’t ask about cheating and using AI as a training tool. Those are the topics where AI has the most impact from my perspective. But I get that you are more after emotional attitudes towards AI (edited). Interesting/strange that you don’t ask about cheating and using AI as a training tool. Those are the topics where AI has the most impact from my perspective. But I get that you are more after emotional attitudes towards go. Anyway, will be interesting to see if I’m with the majority or an outlier. Good luck with this.

. Anyway, will be interesting to see if I’m with the majority or an outlier. Good luck with this.

3 Likes

Thanks for the invite. How long does the survey take to complete?

Hi Richyfourtytwo,

Yes, you are completly right. I could have included questions on cheating but decided against it. In a way the question deserves its own research project.

Hi Dragon-devourer!

I just checked the actual completion time of all the responses so far, and on average it takes 09:06 to be precise. But I also hope people will fill in the optional long-form questions, which takes a little longer of cause. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

More of you?

1 Like

No, I don’t know the people behind that survey. That must be a coincidence. Thanks for bringing it to my attention tho!

1 Like

Slightly off-topic: first time I see a survey website with a first-class keyboard support (pun not intended). Was a joy to navigate.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’m so glad that you liked the experience! If I ask you to spend time filling out the survey, I wanted to ensure you had a sleek experience with it. The tool is called Typeform, for anybody interested. :slight_smile:

3 Likes