Additional voice languages are now available

Robot that claims to be human or human that trying to sound like a robot.
I think Its no longer matters if sound actor is human or not.

But choosing robot style is strange decision.

1 Like

HItomi didn’t do the translation, she just read the script

1 Like

OK who sounds right then in this list? https://voicebunny.com/search?language=jpn-jp&type=u&gender_and_age=youngAdultFemale

(Or another place where I can find voice actors)

1 Like

Don’t replace Hitomi, she’s my favourite so far :heart:

2 Likes

I won’t but if she doesn’t sound native I might very well consider someone native as the default, and then list her as japanese-american or something like that

2 Likes

Perfect :slight_smile: no problem with extra options! Just wanted to make sure her reviews aren’t all negative :wink:

2 Likes

I pmed Tokumoto, hopefully he’ll say something. Because this thread is full of couch experts. I know I’m one.

Edit: he replied he’ll do when he has time.

5 Likes

Re: BHydden

That prononciation is more used for sports and exercise when you need to keep your breath. Or speed up the prononciation

For go. It should be slower more paced and quiet

You could watch the NHK cup on Sunday

They only say 20-10-5-4-3-2-1

1 Like

Except that they count up in the NHK cup, going . . . . . . . . . . 10秒. . . . . . . . . . 20秒. . . . . 25秒. . . 28秒. . 30秒 (player X, you’re entering your Yth thinking period, there are 10-Y periods left).

For the last period they’l count . . . . . . . . . . 10秒 . . . . . . . . . . 20秒 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

No idea what comes after that, since I haven’t witnessed a time-out yet (but I did find an accidental one, presumably the referee will say 30秒 and act confused :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Hi,

I just found some weird translation using the German voice during my games…
The translation “Vorbeiziehen” for “Pass” (I assume, that’s what the English voice would say here) is within the Context of Go not really usable. :slight_smile:
“Passen” as a translation of “Pass” would be more suitable I think.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @gaxxlol had some similar views above

3 Likes

Yes, and they are right.

This is correct.

3 Likes