AI backend updates

It looks like the AI review didn’t run properly on that game.

I triggered it again to see if that helps.

1 Like

@anoek Looks like there’s definitely a problem… AI analysis not showing on board.

1 Like

I’m working through some issues now, basically the initial win/loss graph is showing up because they have a higher priority and process pretty quickly, but the full review moves are pretty backlogged. I’m trying to figure out if there’s a problem or if it’s just taking awhile to catch up.

5 Likes

Seems to be working now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is working again now, thanks.

2 Likes

A lot less comments on this announcement than I expected :thinking:

How many comments can be expected on something that doesn’t change anything for us?!
If it said “but you’re all going to lose a stone in rank” then I’d expect some views to be aired…

4 Likes

I’m sure there will be more once there are visible changes :slight_smile:

This doesn’t mean (strong) AI will be used for the in-game score estimator, right? Asking because there was speculation on issue #1274.

AFAIK this is an ongoing discussion for a decision that is not yet set in stone, with advocates on both sides and in-between .

1 Like

Ongoing discussion

1 Like

There is more discussion elsewhere on this topic but i can’t remember if it’s here on the forums or over at GitHub

We did discuss this a while back in the forums though I too have not been able to unearth that thread yet. Maybe time for a new one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this the wrong thread? Improving the score estimator
Or this one had lots of example games Score estimator improvements

Or katago in scoring phase Use KataGo for Scoring

A mix of both discussed Cheating with the score estimator

3 Likes

Yes. Those’ll do nicely. Cheers.

I’m glad to hear that parts of OGS are being improved. However, and I already asked this question quite a long time ago, we need to get rid of the fancy multi-move numbered move sequences that AI review inserts into the game record, so we can analyze games without all these numbered moves obscuring the board. Thanks for listening.

1 Like

On the right-hand menu, there should be an option labeled “Disable AI Review”. Clicking on that should hide all of the AI analysis to provide a clean slate to work with. If you find a case where that button is not working properly to do that, please report that specific instance as a bug.

1 Like

That is what I have been saying. “Disable AI review” does not hide the part of the AI analysis that attaches sequences of numbered moves when you visit certain nodes in the game tree. I hereby report this as a bug. Thanks.

1 Like

The AI review doesn’t apply any sequences automatically to the game tree. Please provide a screenshot and a link to the problem you are experiencing so we can properly diagnose it.

2 Likes

So I don’t exactly know what you mean but there is maybe a potential bug that could be it

• go to a part of a game that has ai analysis (take my most recent game, with actual moves played if you want jaypak52048 vs. shinuito - it has full ai review)
  • next go to any point of the game where there are ai variations with ai analysis on/enabled (any move in the linked game).
  • click one of these variations (just the first move) and only the first move is added to the move tree
  • turn off ai analysis in the sidebar
  • click the same move at the same point in the tree
  • even though ai analysis is now off and only the first move in the variation was played, the whole variation is visible on the board.

example screenshot to demonstrate

4 Likes

Posting AI backend updates shows a screenshot. On a 9x9 board, the marked moves may go all over the board and are very confusing to a non-Dan player.