AI Physical Go Board!- Review added

I’m pretty sure everyone already knows this exists, but how cool is that?!

20 Likes

Well, I did not know. Awesome…

Is there a manufacturer link or something? Can this connect to the PC? With a bit of gtp2ogs, this could in the future actually be used to play on OGS ON a physical board, which I believe is something several players wondered about :smiley:

21st century rocks…

(yeah, I checked the yutube vid as not to be too lazy and it seems, the purchase link will be shared later I guess…)

4 Likes

Reviewer says she will link details where to buy only after she tests it.

I went as far as my googling skills could take me and it’s not a common product, I found something similar in a Chinese site, about 300€ I think.

Edit: A post that roughly translated the Chinese site said their main selling point is it’s much better for kids’ eyes compared to playing weiqi on a PC screen all day :grin::grin:

6 Likes

Wow, this is really cool! I wasn’t aware that this existed.

3 Likes

Here is a link to their website. I’m excited for this technology to advance to the point where OGS and others can use these with their sites. I imagine the boards would have to just show where the other player’s stones are instead of being placed by the player for time’s sake.

3 Likes

Or, imagine tiny trapdoors opening and a stone ascending where the other player has put their stone at their end. The possibilities are endless!!!

(I think I’m too excited about this…)

3 Likes

like this?

1 Like

Yes. Minus the guns. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had no idea this exists! This is truly awesome. I want one!! The idea of being able to use it for a live online match is also amazing. What an amazing time we live in. Thank you for sharing Gia :hugs:

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye out for her review as well :slight_smile:

Wow! I didn’t have any idea this existed, either! I love it!!!

A year ago I was trying to dream up how to build something like this. This isn’t hugely different, but I never even thought of using “chips” (probably nothing more than a tiny wire) to notify the board of where somebody played.

I wanted to be able to plug it into OGS so I could get the feeling of playing physical boards against people across the world. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thats great news! Now… ill only need one for each of my correspondence games :joy:.

Seriously though… this looks awesome! Great times :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Start a gofundme and beat the competition!!! :grin:

1 Like

Right, we’d need one for each game… And a carousel to manage them! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Review is here!!!

7 Likes

Guys, I’m totally astonished about this board at the point that I want to buy one.
Unfortunately the only website who can resell this item is Taobao but during the checkout I discovered that the delivery in Italy is forbidden! :frowning:

Who knows if there is some option to bypass this block…

1 Like

She has replied in some of her video’s comments about shipping and availability, maybe she could help you out?

1 Like

Yes, now I remember… let me try. Thanks for remembering me.

I wanted to be able to plug it into OGS so I could get the feeling of playing physical boards against people across the world. :smiley:

Guys, if someone is able to do this… what’s a new dimension for our game :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi! I can’t even translate it… How much is it? Would it be cheaper to buy a bunch and then redistribute in Europe?

1 Like