AI Physical Go Board!- Review added

I think reviewer said about 750€.

I’m afraid to even consider how much import duties would be.

Ouch…

1 Like

A mere change with the price in Yuan on the Taobao website would be 550 € or so. Shipping and custom duties can make a big difference. I’m ready to spend 500 € for such board, probably not 750+ euros.

2 Likes

New video with AI review:

I’ll stop updating this now, I think we have enough info. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: And also you can subscribe to her channel for future updates!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, Gia. I wrote to them a copule of day ago… but nothing yet.
I’ll keep you posted in case of news.

1 Like

Young Sun Yoon says this in a comment to that video:

If you want to know the information about the board, please contact with KIBA Baduk: KIBA Baduk has a sale exklusive right.
Redirecting...
kibabaduk@naver.com

KIBA is “Kwonkapyong International Baduk Academy” 40³â ±Ç°©¿ë ¹ÙµÏµµÀåÀÇ ±â·Ï, »õ·Î¿î À̸§ Å°¹Ù±Û·Î¹ú¿¡µà : ³×À̹ö Ä«Æä

2 Likes

I’m not sure about ogs, but it can play on KGS, Tygem and others

2 Likes

Did you manage to get one of that board?
I didn’t receive any answer so far nor from Tabao, neither from KIBA… :expressionless:

I haven’t bought it yet but kiba has been really helpful as well as Yoon. Maybe they missed your email by mistake? They replied within 24 hours. There is a guy on Yoon’s channel that has ordered the board.

1 Like

Good board. I think it is especially useful to professional players.

1 Like

I got an answer finally. As promised I would like to share with the OGS community what they said to me. Here you can find their answer:

*Hi, we are so appreciated that you have interested in our AI board. *

Unfortunately, we don’t have English manual of AI board yet. So I briefly give you some important information of it.

1. Go-Board (4.3kg): AI will show its move with a light on the spot.
2. Stones(B:183, W:182): All stones have senser in it.
3. Wifi and electricity MUST needed.
4. Do not put heavy materials on it.
5. You can choose to play against AI from the lowest to the highest level.
6. You are able to study with records of AI vs. AI matches, top professionals’ games, some sort of life and death, openings, etc.
7. Language (Korean, Chinese, English)

The price is $900 (shipping charge included)

You can see the board on youtube.(Yoon’s baduk channel: AI Board unboxing)

KIBA is working for providing education services to the United States, Europe, and Southeast Asia. To provide fast and secure education services, we’re in the process of verifying the safety of the artificial intelligence board. The timing of completion will vary depending on the region. We will speed up the supply asap.

Soon, we will let you know the purchase process. Thank you!

6 Likes

I just gasped in the office.

1 Like

It probably is nice to have some nice goban made of agathis for the same price.
I hope they revise the market price because my feeling is that for 5/600 USD they could sell many more AI boards respect to the 900 USD they ask currently. Another thing that is not convincing me is that in the local market the price on Tabao is around half of the price requested in the email.

I think it’s the shipping included.

2 Likes

Does it say anything about voltage?

The taobao one is 220V.

1 Like

I got from the producer website that the voltage is 22V (?). It’s a typo?

See here http://www.izis.cn/Client/Home/chessinfo.html

1 Like

I’m useless with such stuff, but maybe it’s about the power adapter and not the output?

Since it seems to need to be plugged into some computer also, it would be important to know Operating System compatibility also, I think …

3 Likes

ezgif-2-7ab40461938c%20(1)%20(1) Little pet project. At the moment it’s just programmable leds on a grid but working on connecting that up to the OGS api.

17 Likes

That’s so cool!!! :hugs:

Post EVERYTHING about your progress, I wanna know!!

1 Like