An Idea for a Forum Game: Guessing Your Own Games

Game 3, I was black, was against gomad361 or vitality.

5 Likes

I’m not willing to try but shall I put one together for you @S_Alexander ?

Correct!

This is amazing.

5 Likes

Sure, why not.

For @S_Alexander

I think I did this right but please don’t look at game info in case I missed deleting something.

https://online-go.com/game/35708003

https://online-go.com/game/35708007

I touched on this subject with Your "play signature", the moves you prefer

It was my right side territory and remembering the annoyance of white getting that lower right 1st line sente yose which triggered my memory here.

:heart::heart::heart:

I’d say:

1. Yes, I was black
  2. Yes, white
  3. It’s weird… yes, black, but that double 3-3 opening is strange
  4. I would prefer to say no, I don’t recall much of that game and don’t like many moves, but that top left reminds me of something and makes me feel guilty and lucky, so: yes, black
  5. Yes, black

So, did I nail them?
Did you actually chose 5 games of mine?
I wasn’t expecting that.

(Now I fear for my parents)

1 Like

@Lys,

according to

I understood that only one game is yours and the other four are not.

2 Likes

Unless someone pays me, I don’t see any reason anyone wants to, I have no interest in looking at my ugly games.

Sounds fun! Can someone set up one for me?

I’d be interested to try. I wonder if each person who gets a try sets up for the next one… Maybe unless they get it right in which case the previous person sets up another …

… Hmmm actually this account is too new :frowning:

Assuming only one game was mine… My answer is the fifth one, I’m black.

I feel I might’ve played B10. And then push G10 felt quite annoying. I quite easily can imagine snapping back at white with E13 J15 and then cut off O18 to fight white. Sequence with K17 is quite magical. But most importantly double atari N5 and P14. I convinced myself I played this game.

2 Likes

Could I have a go?

Let’s kill two birds with one stone…

One of these is a @GreenAsJade game, the other is a @Eugene game.

6 Likes

Maybe @Lys remembered that in Spirited Away it was a trick question. But no tricks here. Only one under username Lys. Try again, which one looks like yours the most?

3 Likes

:slight_smile: :). That’s rather a different kind of challenge :smiley:

1 Like

That’s weird.
In all of them I had the sensation that something belonged to me.

At first I thought that I could maybe not recognise a game of mine, but the reality is that I recognise ALL games as mine, even when they aren’t!!! :laughing:

I’ll give it another chance later. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Actually it’s #4 vs @lys !

1. Tournament Game: Go World Wide Tournament #3Qlingzone (67625) R:3 (BABY2020 vs โอ๋ชิงหยวน)
  2. Kingvect vs. kovalevskii
  3. spin-star vs. Gasmi
  4. Tournament Game: Really Fast Correspondence (37590) R:3 (S_Alexander vs lysnew)
  5. renner vs. 01039

which means you have a similar style to renner?

1 Like

It’s not surprising I didn’t remember that game, it wasn’t a memorable one. But the fifth one feels so much like something I played before.

2 Likes