An Idea for a Forum Game: Guessing Your Own Games

Let’s kill two birds with one stone…

One of these is a @GreenAsJade game, the other is a @Eugene game.

6 Likes

Maybe @Lys remembered that in Spirited Away it was a trick question. But no tricks here. Only one under username Lys. Try again, which one looks like yours the most?

3 Likes

:slight_smile: :). That’s rather a different kind of challenge :smiley:

1 Like

That’s weird.
In all of them I had the sensation that something belonged to me.

At first I thought that I could maybe not recognise a game of mine, but the reality is that I recognise ALL games as mine, even when they aren’t!!! :laughing:

I’ll give it another chance later. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Actually it’s #4 vs @lys !

1. Tournament Game: Go World Wide Tournament #3Qlingzone (67625) R:3 (BABY2020 vs โอ๋ชิงหยวน)
  2. Kingvect vs. kovalevskii
  3. spin-star vs. Gasmi
  4. Tournament Game: Really Fast Correspondence (37590) R:3 (S_Alexander vs lysnew)
  5. renner vs. 01039

which means you have a similar style to renner?

1 Like

It’s not surprising I didn’t remember that game, it wasn’t a memorable one. But the fifth one feels so much like something I played before.

2 Likes

I’d like to try but I don’t think I have too many games against human…

I’m a bit bamboozled. The first one feels like one of the ranking-up-series where I was trying to beat Spectral-13k and failing. But I can’t find it … or the other one … in my game history!

1 Like

I can remember the second one clearly - the cross-cut after the hane at the head of two was a significant feature in my mind.

I’m pretty sure I was white.

1 Like

It’s number 5

1 Like

I would also like to try it! (although I only came here in late 2019, so it might be easier for me :wink: )

1 Like

I don’t have much history with my current account, but I just rediscovered my old account (which has evolved to 7.6 dan during my 10 year absence): davos

I wonder if I can recognize myself in my 10 year old games.

I can remember many good games Vs davos. :slight_smile: In one you did a kind of rotational mirror go and I made tengen work.

2 Likes
1 Like

3 dan-level showdowns that all went to scoring, and all are quite old games

Featuring: @Uberdude, @gennan (as davos), and @mark5000

4 Likes

The white player in game 3 looks like me. Probably against xhu98. I was following An Younggil’s commentaries on GoGameGuru closely then and trying to incorporate his pointers.

2 Likes

Game 1 I was White Vs Elin

N2 wasn’t sente eh, he should have tenukid and faught ko? Also j2, he should have taken corner and let me cut on dame in gote. I was fortunate he answered them.

2 Likes

I don’t recognize any of these games.
I don’t think I’m black or white in the 3rd game. I first thought I’m white in the 1st game, but that seems to be @Uberdude. So maybe I’m white in the 2nd game?

2 Likes

Ha, I was wondering if all dan players remember their games for life, but apparently this is not the case.

3 Likes

Correct.

1 Like