Are you worried about coronavirus?

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: Myth busters

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

3 Likes

Considering the “surprising” sharp spike in deaths from pneumonia in Russia…

2 Likes

+163 today, 658 now
http://www.interfax-russia.ru/main.asp?id=1115784

По данным эпидемиологического расследования установлено, что граждане посещали страны, неблагополучные по коронавирусной инфекции, в последние две недели

(translation: everyone was in bad countries in the last 2 weeks)
They test incoming people mostly. So technically there are near 0 confirmed cases INSIDE
But Russia is good indicator of situation outside. +163 is huge

They still able to keep it secret, therefore its not too bad yet.

2 Likes

[link]

Oh no! The blow dryer solution does not work ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, we live in the age of information. Why do people still believe such things?

7 Likes

f a n d e a t h

6 posts were split to a new topic: Wine recommendations

I’ve been spending pretty heavily on Amazon as some retail therapy :expressionless:

Well, heavily for a NEET

btw. I love that we exported the term NEET to Japan where it’s been so heavily absorbed, lol

1 Like

Should I buy a copy of The Games of Shuei for £66? It seems like way too much. Also I like Shuei, but I don’t like John.

I’ve hesitated to post on this discussion so far but I can’t resist to tell you I think the Wii shop network has been defunct for some time now. I think they (Nintendo…) phased out all networks on the Wii :confused:

Sure, you can still buy discs and put them in though.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wine recommendations

Well, I’ve just finished my last big order from Amazon.

So now, as I said before, I’m just going to sleep this one out.

'night o/

1 Like

Off to bed.

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Are there any evidence for what you’re saying? Where does this come from? It’s not like I don’t believe you but at the moment a lot of media is excited about hyping up the panic.

2 Likes
6 Likes

1 Like

This morning I went for groceries, my first outing in nine days, shortly before the state of emergency was declared. The mood on Rue Paul Street was appropriately sober, though not what you’d call gloom and doom. Still no sign of Rue Paul.

I think the shoppers generally did a good job of distancing. This became a bit difficult in the aisles, and the recommended distance wasn’t always strictly observed. But on those occasions there appeared to be a mutual turning aside of bodies as the ships passed, so it seems we were alright.

I was pleased to see that the store was no longer playing old pop tunes over the public address system. Keeping up morale is one thing, but at some point the irony can become overbearing. Had Petula Clark begun singing “Downtown” I might have struggled to keep my composure.

Afterward I was helping my eighty-five year old mother make sandwiches, and she wanted to use the bread I had just brought from the store. This necessitated the following:

1. Open plastic bread bag.
  2. Wash hands.
  3. Reach inside bag with right hand while holding bag steady with left hand.
  4. Remove bread without allowing it to touch outer surface of bag. Place bread on clean surface.
  5. Close bag. Remove bread in bag to segregated area.
  6. Wash hands.
  7. Disinfect countertop area where bag was sitting.
  8. Wash hands.
  9. Worry about steps you may have omitted.

Thank goodness these grocery runs aren’t an everyday thing. I’m going squirrely and this is only the beginning.

Stay clean everybody.

10 Likes

Meanwhile nothing changed for people with germophobia…

7 Likes

5 Likes

13 Likes