Audio updates

Bad sounds.
Please let back the previous version.

Are there specific things that are bugging you guys?

4 Likes

I can’t seem to get any stone sounds now, Chrome on Android. The voices and other effects started working after I open and closed the drop down selection menus (I’ve not tried them on a game) but when I press play by the stone sound is just silent and no sounds, eg on analyse game stone placement.

4 Likes

“The knowledge of when to stop - is the supreme gift of the artist.”
So, further impovement of sounds turned out to be worse.

Do you have any constructive criticism about specific aspects you do or don’t like and how you see they could be improved?

3 Likes

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. To some people, the old way is perfect, and anything else is imperfect by definition. Maybe @anoek would consider implementing a toggle for those who like the old stone sounds.

5 Likes

@mark5000 it might be understandable, but it’s not reasonable to retroactively maintain all past versions of the site because a few people liked it better the old way.
If they tell us specifically what aspects they like and don’t like, the new feature can be toggled and maybe select sounds can be added back in… But I think it would be too much to support two overlapping systems.

@anoek I have no stone sounds at all, whether in the settings menu or on a game board, sliding the sound bar does nothing, all other sounds work it is only stones I can’t hear. - Brave browser (Chromium) on windows 10

3 Likes

I love the new sounds :grin:

Some people have a hard time accepting change of any sort, so unfortunately it’s reasonable to expect some amount of pushback no matter how much of an improvement is made.

4 Likes

New sounds are great! They sound much more three-dimensional!

4 Likes

I loved it so much, now a new board design and it will be perfect

3 Likes

@anoek I don’t know if you changed anything but stone sounds are working for me now

For those who don’t like the new stone sounds, try changing your board colour… it helped for me :slight_smile: I think your mind just associates the old sounds with the board colour you liked before, so cycle through a few of the other board options until one matches the sounds you’re hearing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OHHHH!!!
I want old saund back! ((((((((

4 Likes

For those that want the old sound back, is it the voice part you miss, or the stone part you miss? or something else like the beeps and whatnot?

5 Likes

the stone sound. i think its not hard to add a “choise” in options

2 Likes

More options for sound packs will be coming, possibly these can include some of the old sounds :slight_smile: boss man just needs to know which sounds people liked and which they didn’t.

5 Likes

Man, people are so resistant to change.

6 Likes

You should do the countdown in German as well!

4 Likes

Yep, I do plan on doing voices for German, French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (I think both Mandarin and Cantonese), maybe a US English variant, and probably a few other languages too as people complain (I’m going off the survey we did a few months ago).

7 Likes

Cool, thanks! Since I’m used to the old stone sounds, I like them more. This will probably change after a couple weeks and anyone gets used to it. But since soundpacks are planned anyway, I wouldn’t mind if there was an option to select the old sound. But don’t make the codebase unnecessary complex just to please everyone.

6 Likes

It’ll be pretty easy to add a sound pack with the old sounds, I’m doing it now :slight_smile:

6 Likes