Audio updates

Hello OGS,

I’ve just pushed out an update that includes a number of new audio samples and adds some new audio capabilities.

• New volume level adjustments are available under the settings pages, as are audio sound pack selection options. (There will be more coming as we iron things out with the existing samples)
  • New stone sounds, let me know what you think. The sound also shifts a bit depending on where you place it on the board.
  • Voice count down options are now available, you can have the announcer speak at 10, 5, and 1 second intervals anywhere from 60 seconds. There’s also a tick-tock sound effect available to either fill the gaps or just start soft ticking before the counting comes.
  • The announcer will now speak out how many periods are left in byo yomi, and announce in words when byo yomi or canadian overtime has started.
  • You’ll now get a verbal “pass” and “game pause” / “game resumed”, and “undo requested”, or optionally there are non verbal sound effects for these too still.

Please let me know how you like it, we’re now in the “tweaking” phase so nothing is set in stone!

26 Likes

I get an error cannot set property stereo of undefined when I try to play a stone

5 Likes

Code bug throwing up an error message for every placed stone in correspondence games.

4 Likes

Well that’s interesting… is it working for anyone but me?

Is it preventing you guys from playing, or just not playing the audio?

2 Likes

It prevents submit

4 Likes

I cant play at all get the error upon placing stone

4 Likes

Do we already have the option to simply turn off all stone sounds?

2 Likes

It prevents from playing/submitting. OS: iOS, browser Safari, any correspondence game.

4 Likes

OK I just pushed an update that should stop it from preventing you from making a move

4 Likes

I love the new stone sounds. So much better than the old ones. THX! <3

5 Likes

Now it’s back to normal, thanks!

4 Likes

Yep it’s under settings

3 Likes

Thanks that worked

3 Likes

Love the new stone sounds!

3 Likes

Those that were affected, is audio working for you?

2 Likes

I love the new stone sounds too. They sound realistic and better than the old one.

3 Likes

Thanks c:

3 Likes

I won’t be turning these new sounds off though! Great job, what a difference!

3 Likes

Very nice! I’m still exploring the new settings and sounds, but I’m very happy!

3 Likes

very annoying sounds. hearing them once is one thing, hearing them every game just drives one crazy.

1 Like