Byo-yomi audio countdown on mobile

Hi folks,

I’m playing exclusively on phone at the moment. I use the submit button to avoid clickos - and noticed that the audio byo-yomi countdown gets cut off as soon as I place the “virtual” move on the board, before submitting it. Any idea why that is?

5 Likes

It’s a known bug.

3 Likes

Thanks, I too would love to have a lady screaming at me in byo-yomi lmao. ^^

4 Likes

I lost literally dozens of games because of this bug, it is pretty annoying tbh. I try now to restrain myself not to touch my screen.

2 Likes

Hum… yeah this is really bothersome. I lost two games today because of the missing audio cue.

1 Like

Is this problem on the list of someone coding? I dont know how to do it myself. I’ve seen that edhalter has opened an issue thread in the github last September, but it might be buried in other things to take care off. ?

1 Like

Reminder that the audio-countdown is still cut off if you use the submit move-option. Lost me many games. :confused:

3 Likes

Please someone take care of this bug - it is really annoying.

1 Like

There are several people who encountered the bug and posted about it on this forum - afaics the first mention dates back to August 2020.

1 Like
1 Like

@Eugene Hello Eugene, this is a rather frustrating bug. I frequently loose games because of it, especially fast games. I known there is an entry on Github for it, but I’m not sure it has come to the attention of the devs. It would greatly improve the playing experience on OGS.

1 Like

Hi @AdamR, as I said above this is a annoying bug. As you can see, this is persisting, it frequently looses me, and others, games. Some kind of echo by devs would be welcome. Ty. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @BHydden, as you can see I’ve brought this topic several times up - not having byo-yomi when using the confirm-move option is a major issue for me as I am playing exclusively on phone, and it is the only way to avoid missclicks. Can someone of the devs please have a look into this? It would be a true game changer for me and others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tbh, I’m pretty annoyed with OGS for this.

1 Like

@anoek I’m still annoyed with OGS. How come there is no functioning audio-cue for byo-yomi if the submit-move option is used? Please, could one of the developers take care of this?

2 Likes

Confirming this also happens with the “soft tick-tock” sound. I played a couple of blitz games on a phone last night, and it was definitely confusing to have silence while my clock counts down.

1 Like

Another month, and still no reply

@teapoweredrobot

Hello?

Hi. Finally a reaction. ^^ I tagged you because I’ve seen your replies on other Bug Report threads. I don’t know what your role with OGS is, I assumed that you are a developer or keep somehow track of bugs.

To be honest I’m somewhat disappointed with OGS for how this bug-report was handled. The thread of Edhalter on the same issue goes back to August last year. As you can see in this one I tagged multiple members of the OGS team, over several weeks, with no reaction whatsoever. Makes you feel that your problem is either disregarded or that something else with OGS’ bug handling is malfunctioning.

As I said above, this is not a minor issue for gameplay. I lost many games due to the faulty byo-yomi countdown.

Thanks for your attention and reply. :relaxed:

(I’m aware that there are numerous other bugs which take up time to be solved)