Can tournament organizer change the outcome of a game?

Hi all,

I am planning to organize a tournament but as we all know, sometimes there will be disputes and the judge have to make a final call on the result of a match. Would like to check if this function is currently available to the tournament organizer?

Thank you!

1 Like

No. Tournament Directors (TDs) can’t change a result. Mods should be called where appropriate for any disputed game.

Note however that TDs can modify the tournament points in a tournament (before it ends) to correct any issues.

4 Likes

Hi Kosh,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can i check, does that mean if there is a dispute this round, as a TD i can change the points before the round is over so that the next round pairing will be based on the updated points?

Thank you!

1 Like

I can only say, ‘I believe so, yes’ because much of the tournament code is shrouded in mystery.

3 Likes

I also

If you’re going to have a tournament serious enough to concern yourself with disputes, then maybe don’t use OGS tournaments. I don’t think OGS tournaments are up to the standards of serious tournaments yet.

All serious tournament organizers pair people manually.

Not necessarily. Tournament is advanced automatically, so if you’re too slow or the game was the last in the round, the tournament is going to advance to next round. Before you can do anything.

4 Likes

Sad to admit, but fair.

2 Likes

Interesting. How? I never saw any such an option. Maybe it only applies to multi-round tournaments? All I’ve run so far is round robin. (Also I didn’t really need that feature yet, I’m just curious.)

1 Like

When you tap on their name from the tournament page, the context menu has the additional options “adjust points” and “disqualify”

2 Likes

Ah, easy enough if you know it. Thanks!

Thinking about how to abuse that power now …

@Hayago I built a tool for running tournamants online via OGS but where the TD has total control and can work with other TDs. It’s still in beta, but I’d love to give you a demo. Message me here or via devin@baduk.club

3 Likes