Changed appearance

OGS has always presented to me with white writing on a black background. Recently it changed (both on pc and mobile) to black writing on a white background.

Thinking I must have accidentally changed a setting somehow, I have just tried to look into my settings (here on mobile), but I can’t see any setting relating to display.

Can anyone tell me what has happened? I preferred the dark background.

1 Like

You can change the theme by clicking your avatar. It’s usually in the top right corner.

Not sure what changed necessarily, sometimes a phone/laptop setting can control dark/light mode on sites and apps, but I don’t know if that actually works with OGS.

Another thing is that it might sync across devices. I feel like I remember toggling it on one device before and having change on refresh on the other.

Someone might know more though about the details.

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks, shinuito. Changing the theme on my pc in the way you explain did also change it on my phone.

Edit: typo

2 Likes

Atorrante, thanks for trying to help, but I have no idea what that picture represents or how I would bring up a screen like that in OGS. Anyway, don’t worry, as shinuito has guided me to where I wanted to be.

1 Like

Attorante was showing where the setting is on the forums

2 Likes

In case you haven’t tried it, the third option is also a dark theme with accessible colours to help the colourblind, however, I think the blue and orange is objectively better than the green and pink and always recommend people try it :smiley:

688e489e-8e90-40a8-8bf4-0e6ef760e955

2 Likes

To me, it doesn’t show where anything is. It’s like me showing a picture of my flat and saying that shows where it is. Anyway, are you sure you meant to say “on the forums”?

Thanks, but I’m happy just to have got back to what I had set up in the first place.