Chat server offline (and other related issues)

I am on the site and everyone is registering as offline. Even in games, I won’t show up as in the game, and neither will the people I am watching(the moves will still be played and register though). If I open a chat to see if someone is online, there is no circle, and after reloading the page, all of my chats disappeared(and I don’t always close out of them so I had a bunch open). None of my friends are registering as online either. I am having the same problems on another account(my test account GP3), and if I go on my phone instead of my laptop.

Guess they are fixing something and disabled some of the functionality for a few minutes.

1 Like

Wouldn’t I get a banner telling me that they are updating the site right then?
Well it is fixed now so thank you for helping.

I think the chat server crashed or something but it’s back now

1 Like

I don’t think it was just the chat server. There was a live AST going on, and it took almost 10 minutes from when one round ended until another round began.

We are aware that this problem has repeated and I have alerted @anoek to the issue

2 Likes

Looks like we’re back online, thanks for your patience everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What I am talking about happened for about 20-30 minutes around 2020-04-26T19:10:00Z-2020-04-26T19:40:00Z. If you experienced it at a different time, I think that we may be talking about different times. I was talking about it slightly in the live tournament, but I posted that in the larger 9x9 d.e. glitch thread. I didn’t learn that they were at all connected until after because someone put in the chat that one round took 8-10 min to start after the round before ended.

1 Like

the chat server also crashed around that time also, I just happened to be on when it did… and then the same thing happened again just now… they are all connected

2 Likes

Gotta say, if I wasn’t in so many fast correspondence tournaments right now I would be on vacation stalling my games right now. Don’t want another disconnection bug to hit and lose all of these games. I have 17 ladder challenges and plenty of tournaments, many of the losing ones that I want to keep playing instead of getting it interrupted by something like that again.

1 Like

completely different issues :slight_smile: I would hypothesise that the risk of that is quite low

2 Likes

Just noticing now, is the chat server glitch why I have two PMs to someone written multiple times repeatedly? It repeated both messages 6 times each(total of 12 messages).
Times for them(weird too) in order (x1 per message):
_:31x 4
_:32 x 2
_:33 x 2
_:32 x 2
_:33 x 2

1 Like

probably

I didn’t experience it but I was online at that time

It is happening again right now. I was trying to so some of my correspondence moves and it was letting me at first, but then it just got too glitchy and wouldn’t load the home page so I was unable to access the games I was in.

It is working again as of about 2020-04-28T14:33:00Z

OGS is borking a lot lately.

ОГС, не болей.

@anoek says it should be fixed now, let us know if it happens again please

2 Likes

Is that what the update earlier was for?

If it was about 5 hours ago then probably

1 Like