Codenames Pictures #1

Done.

My first hint is “Mammal 5”

2 Likes

Seems like there are a lot of potential mammals…

B1 seems like a fox
C1 seems like a rat?
C2 looks like a sheep
D2 has camels
C2 are like humans (maybe one with an animal like head)
C3 is maybe a wolf?
D2 has rabbits?
D3 has camels, I think
D4 is like a pig
D5 has a tiger

Actually, I think I got a bunch of coordinates wrong

There also appears to be a genie and smurfs, but I’m not sure those count as mammals.

1 Like

Ok since we have to make a lot of guesses, I’ll just make a safe one to start.

Blue team guesses D5 (the one with the tiger, in case I don’t understand the coordinates)

1 Like

Correct!

Still unknown:
8 Blue pictures;
8 Red pictures;
7 Neutral pictures;
1 Dark picture;

3 Likes

I forgot two important rules:

• The Guessers are always allowed to end their turn early if they want to. Just say clearly and explicitly “Blue (or Red) Team passes” or “Blue Team ends their turn”.

• If the Guessers successfully guess the number of pictures that was indicated by the Leader this turn, without making mistakes, then they are allowed one extra guess. The extra turn is particularly useful in later turns, if they think they have leftover information from previous turns. The Guessers are allowed to end their turn without using the extra guess if they want to (in particular, the extra guess should probably not be used if you have no more information to work with).

Also, I think this goes without saying, but a guess is considered correct as long as the guessed picture is your team’s colour. It doesn’t matter whether that was a picture that the Team Leader was thinking about this turn or not.

5 Likes

A good one to note :slight_smile: Definitely was part of my confusion about how the game plays out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jade_9000 any thoughts on what we should prioritize guessing? I think that maybe the pig at D4 would be a safe guess.

Sure…also happy with camels @ D4 for the subsequent.

1 Like

Still unknown:
7 Blue pictures;
8 Red pictures;
7 Neutral pictures;
1 Dark picture;

4 (3+1) attempts left for the blue team in this round, unless we make a mistake.

2 Likes

Wait, this guess doesn’t feel clear enough to me. Let’s keep to this very specific format:

I’d like to stick to this format to avoid confusion, and also to avoid team leader’s bias (who’ll be eager to reveal a correct picture, but hesitant to reveal an incorrect one)

4 Likes

I completely agree with what @Vsotvep just said.

Although, what is done is done, so let’s continue.

4 Likes

Which one do you want to do?

Blue team guesses D4

Off-topic flashback to an old tee I no longer own.

Yes but @_Sofiam already validated your guess at D4.

Note that coordinates are oriented like this:

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
A2 B2 C2 D2 E2
A3 B3 C3 D3 E3
A4 B4 C4 D4 E4
A5 B5 C5 D5 E5
4 Likes

Blue team guesses D2

D2 is Red.

This ends Blue Team’s turn.

Summary of Blue Team’s turn: the hint was “Mammal 5” and the guesses were D5 (Blue), D4 (Blue), D2 (Red).

Red Leader @Vsotvep can now give a hint, then Red Guessers @Leira, @shinuito, @martin3141 will be able to make guesses.

Still unknown:
7 Blue pictures;
7 Red pictures;
7 Neutral pictures;
1 Dark picture.

4 Likes

Reptile, 2

5 Likes

@martin3141 and @Leira

Probably from the hint

the most natural guesses are

• E3 what seems like a crocodile or alligator
  • E1 what appears like a dragon

What do you both think?

2 Likes

E3 is my first thought as well. I agree that E1 looks like a dragon which resembles some reptiles.

There is also A3 where I see flying dinosaurs. Were those reptiles? D3 reminds me of the board game snakes and ladders.

In short I have a strong preference for E3, after that I’m unsure.

1 Like