Collective development of a server for variants

It’s fixed for me, thank you for deploying!

2 Likes

It works! Thank you!

(The browser was Samsung Internet 23.0.1.1 on Android)

4 Likes

I just stumbled upon this:

5 Likes

I was curious what the colors mean - it looks like they are more or less inert:

It should be noted that the terms ‘continents’ and ‘oceans’ are purely symbolic labels within the game’s design. They do not directly influence gameplay decisions, similar to the origin and star points in traditional Go.

Separately, I would really like to add surface mesh variant since I’ve been doing more graphics at my day job. However, I think it’s a medium sized project and I haven’t been able to prioritize it yet. Still, I think the space is rich! (Cube go, sphere go, etc)

4 Likes

There should be some mechanic that allows players to travel to a new continent.

2 Likes

From what I understand, since the polyhedron has triangle and pentagon faces, the point of the colours is to make it easier to see the symmetries and locate the pentagons.

3 Likes

I thought it was more about helping one to recognise the different parts of the board despite the symmetry, especially when it is moved around. Perhaps also to get a handle to denote the parts of the board in an discussion.

5 Likes

Hi, I am searching for a Go variant named " Cooperative and Sequential Multiplayer Go" here described http://www.di.fc.ul.pt/~jpn/gv/players.htm have you implemented that? Do you know if this variant is somewhere implemented? Thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t believe we have sequential variants for >2 players, but it should be relatively straightforward to adapt some parts of the parallel variants for a multiplayer sequential variant.

I believe the kahv.io server does have 3 and 4-color sequential Go. Not sure if this implementation is cooperative or non-cooperative

2 Likes

You might want to check out DipGo ! It’s an excellent implementation of diplomatic sequential multiplayer go. However I don’t know if it has points sharing for alliances.

2 Likes