Community Geoguesser

You’re not an idiot. The fact that you take your time to do these challenges and to learn Go and foreign languages tells me, that you’re very capable. I just sometimes get the impression that you like to write before you think.

Protip: Swedish uses little circles over (some of) their Os :stuck_out_tongue:

Yuo know, a native Swede told me the circle doesn’t actually do anything to the sound of the O. I got the impression that these days they’re just for distinguishing homographs, which was interesting…

1 Like

Write… read/think… delete… repeat.
What I keep doing right now.
I wanted to write a response but I didn’t know what to say. It then becomes a cycle.

1 Like

heh c:

1 Like

So do we. But, lol, wut, nono, he was messing with you, an o and an ö are two very different things. Ö in german as well as in swedish (and rumantsch and lombard) is a closed central rounded vowel (the a in engl. say with rounded lips). O is a oo in swedish and a oh in most other languages.

Solution to Eugene's picture of a lake

That’s Lake Wakatipu above Queenstown. I looked for lakes in NZ and that coastline with peninsulas.

2 Likes

I’m talking about o̊ vs o, and similarly with other ring diacritics.

I knew about å, but this (and “other” ring diacritics) is a completely new one…

Yes - I figured that you all know by now that I’m a fan of NZ, and some might recall me posting the smoke from the Australian bushfires that we saw there.

There was also the same clue that it was NZ as the other one (time of year), plus the compass showing the way the lakes face. Plus it’s pretty much one of the most famous views in NZ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eh, maybe I misremembered the whole thing and we were talking about å. It was in January, I think.

Don’t worry about it.

Honestly, I went for NZ because I thought this was an addition to a previous picture, of which we established it was NZ…

2 Likes

I think I’ve found the exact location of @bugcat’s photo. :smiley:

Knowing this is an easy one in London and the glass building is famous I have concluded it must be in the financial district.

3 Likes

Yup, this is Canary Wharf.

1 Like

I find it difficult to assess how difficult this is…

2 Likes

Easy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct

Summary

It is the “Happy Rizzi House” in Braunschweig.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Rizzi_House

It’s very on-topic…

1 Like

Is that the Nihon Ki-In headquarter?

2 Likes

Nice work!

It’s Sanonius’s turn, but just in case someone wants some entertainment while they are hunting…

(edit: - I’ll save this one for later :smiley: )