Community Geoguesser

Would you like me to solve the one with the village? I thought @Vsotvep maybe wanted to give it another try, he seems quite well on track.

Crap, I saw the blue streak over the cabin just now. Forgive my bad editing skillz.

1 Like

Truth is, every Rumantsch speaker also understands German fluently. They sometimes even use German among themselves if their Rumantsch dialects are too far away from each other. They also incorporate German idioms into their everyday speech. There are some individuals who do struggle to learn a good Standard High German. In those cases, they’re more familiar with the spoken dialects from the surrounding German population, be it Swiss or Tyrolians.

1 Like

The Corinth canal in Corinth, of course.

2 Likes

Another easy one:

1 Like

Yep - Austin, TX

1 Like

Now I can do my one again:

(FTR, it is extremely hard to get a halfway decent google shot of this place from the road!)

1 Like

Searching for churches in Graubünden, I found an UNESCO world heritage site that looks a bit like the church in the picture,

dropping myself somewhere in the village I was delighted to find the right mountain:

And got it!

3 Likes

Back to finding some Australian airport…

That was excellent work, really great.

Not so much :wink: :smiley:

Dang, you all are good.

1 Like

Madrid-Barajas airport

1 Like

1 Like

Um. Just a related link. https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2020/03/29/818252132/an-la-native-drives-us-through-his-hometown-using-google-street-view

Sorry, I have little to add otherwise. I randomly think I just found this geoguess… Difficulty finding that exact image :stuck_out_tongue:

Good job! My father used to work at excavations in the Monastery in the 80ies. Now we still go there from time to time for holidays.

1 Like

The National Rail Museum in Delhi.

2 Likes
Answer:

Look, I did it!

(How did you embed that image?)
Also: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.5887909,77.1847229,3a,75y,198.95h,38.53t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNYJ4l4XeWApqKlJaCUZl9Ta5nSO2WxX7JJh_js!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNYJ4l4XeWApqKlJaCUZl9Ta5nSO2WxX7JJh_js%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi0-ya305.34576-ro-0-fo100!7i8192!8i4096

(pan to the right a little, you’ll see the floating islands.)

1 Like

Just a minute too late:

2 Likes

One of you can do the next.

Ok, here is an easy one:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how did you find it?

I figured it was clearly a very major airport (lots of planes - no way it could be an Australian airport :slight_smile: ) and the tailplanes are all Iberian Air, if you look closely :slight_smile: