Community Geoguesser

I was sort of looking thru like Budapest and regionally there. Not having a ton of luck.

We’re clearly not inside a city. Oh, I just saw that “Way Out” sign that Haze mentioned. Interesting.

So it is probably N. America after all.

1 Like

Hmm, I think our principle candidate countries are:

• Scotland
  • Ireland
  • Canada
  • USA
1 Like

Yeah, but he has some logic. I’ve never seen “Way Out” here in the states. It’s always Exit… or Do Not Enter. Lol. I’m also not a train man… might be a train sign thing. Looking at forums “way out” seems to be a UK or London thing. London U standardized “way out.”

1 Like

The station building is quite odd. I’d be a bit surprised if it were Scottish, we really like our brick stations…

Any knowledge of Vsotvep’s recent trips abroad? I’m sort of leaning that it’s regional to him.

There is the same colour scheme on this old signal house at Ardiui station in Scotland. A lot of the buildings in Scotland actually do look similar.

With the lack of trees… I’m guessing we are well above sea level, those mountains are probably nearing 10k ft, if not more.

Similar colour scheme on Rannock station.

1 Like

Yeah, perhaps those mountains are too high for Scotland…

I think you may be on to something… That second photo’s fauna/flora is looking similar. Where’s the tree line again? Eh, I guess in some areas it can be as low as 5k feet. Alps tree line is around 10k. Honestly this is probably not private land, nothing is developed, it may be a refuge or something? A park?

I mosed around Ardiui and Rannock and it doesn’t seem to be either of them.

A bhfuíl sinn í nEíre?

Apparently there a lot of mountains in Ireland… the terrain suggests the north, if it’s there.

Perhaps we look in eastern Ulster?

This is the tallest peak in Ulster, but I don’t think it’s tall enough to have snowcaps. I’m starting to think, again, that the station is in Canada.

What about the cars, do they look Canadian? A bit small?

Way Out on train stations is a British thing, though, iirc…

If you peek into the far distance, I’m thinking he is totally surrounded by mountains, even if they are in the distance… You can see that blue horizon line back there. Honestly I thought the cars looked like big usa versions. I think the white one is a toyota. The plates sort of look long and narrow, not state plates. But honestly it’s hard to say with the fence cutting right thru them. I know the sign is fuzzy but I don’t think it’s entirely in english. Also the plates, if they are in the states, look a lot like Colorado, with white bottom and green top.

Hmmm… let’s figure out where the mountains are in Canada.

The station could be on this line?

It’s so forested, though. Trying to figure an almost legible word looks like Tyrnus or something… lead me to a railway station at a town Tyner in Tennessee or something. No luck. Way too forested.

It almost looks like ‘upper tyrum’ or something. Lol I swear if this is Colorado…

Could it be New Zealand again, maybe?

1 Like

Alright, time to boot up a beefier photo app.