Community Geoguesser

I would give a hint for my one, if you guys didn’t get so close already

The Scotland rail system one? We got it. @bugcat narrowed it down really well, I ended up finding it.

2 Likes

oh wait, @You_Know_Mealruady found it!

1 Like

So… who’s got the next one? I need to guess one of these at some point.

Unless someone has one ready, give me a few minutes. Was having trouble finding a good shot of the one I have in mind. Alright… I got it…

Oh, woops. I thought Maseru was the name of the guy doing the photography :expressionless:

2 Likes
Next Community Geoguesser Submission Question:

I mean, they are all hints, right? :stuck_out_tongue: Hint 1:

Hint 2:

1 Like

Why did you put the main question hidden as a “hint”?

2 Likes

I’m hiding everything because I feel like the page could eventually stress people’s internet browsers out. But honestly, this is an unfounded claim and almost obsessive at this point.

Just Don't Look:

https://youtu.be/HYIBDRyDQuo

1 Like

You say don’t look and it makes me want to look :no_mouth:

2 Likes

The Peace Fountain, Manhattan

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.8035709,-73.9631789,3a,75y,124.1h,96.85t

3 Likes

Yeah :slight_smile: Look at the church behind it, too.

1 Like

I disagree, there’s a photo, and the task to locate where it is. From that point on the rest is hints. Hiding the main task / answer behind a ‘details’ environment makes it very easy to overlook (like I overlooked your answer)

2 Likes

So, new challenge, @bugcat?

1 Like

Yes Sir, immediately Sir, thank you Sir

2 Likes

Tough to describe for google…
There are wood things and stones with metal attaching it. How would google like me to say it?..

Those are building foundations, I think. I think that’s old concrete. Well, the iron ties in them are a more modern technique. Perhaps a demolished historical site? Not super sure.

Would that mean that they are ruins? That is what I was about to look up.

Turns out google describes it completely differently then me.

My description: laid flat window shaped concrete and wood ruins
1st result: image

2 Likes

Actually it turns out that if I mention window shaped it gives me completely different results. Not the way I want them either.

Had a strong feeling I recognized those apartment buildings from Hong Kong. @bugcat

Answer:

Remnants of the South Gate of Kowloon Walled City Ruins? Very cool. Still learning about what I’m looking at.

Wow, photos from the 80’s are amazing. They demolished that whole city? Crazy.

Someone else can go, really.

3 Likes