Community Geoguesser

I don’t know geography much so…
I used to think Pearl Harbor was in MA for like 5 yrs until someone finally told me it was in HA.

4 Likes

How would the Japanese even get to the other side of the US unnoticed…

5 Likes

The Pantheon, Rome

3 Likes

Correct!

That was an interesting one.

First I had a hunch that it was in the USA so I checked out the congress and senate buildings, the Smithsonian, and the American Museum of Natural History. Then, even though I should know better, I checked the British Museum as well.

Basically I trial-and-errored it, but the comment about cobbled streets set me off the right way.

3 Likes

Are you going to give us one to guess?

1 Like

I’m on it, my laptop is slow :expressionless:

2 Likes

This one is a bit harder.

1 Like

I had to ask for google maps to print then save the image from there. Is there an easier way?

Just screencap and copy-paste into a paint program, no?

1 Like

Well the cherry blossoms are making me lean towards Japan… So I’ll just be a tourist and guess: Kyoto. I’d have to google to see what canal or river that is. Biwako Sosui Canal.

What are we gonna do here, I wait for all three of you to guess and the closest wins?

1 Like

That seems fair. Wait until someone gets closer. I’m still pretty vague. I’m starting to suspect that is a special, very old, cherry tree.

3 Likes

I was also going to guess japan, but I don’t no any japan geography so I think so far @You_Know_Me is closer.

1 Like

@Vsotvep Are you around?

Heya!

My first instinct tells me it’s a cherry tree next to a Japanese castle. Not sure which one, though…

Although, most castles tend to have a wall next to their moat… I’m not sure now

1 Like

@Jhyn are you going to guess?

1 Like

Asian people on the right, face masks - Asia for sure, probably Japan. On the left could be a moat, but it looks very large and straight, I’ll go for a canal. Looking around I think it is the Lake Biwa canal between Biwa lake and Kyoto. We should be near a city because there are quite a few people but I can’t find a grassy area around the canal inside Kyoto itself.

So my guess is Ôtsu, near the opening of the canal.

2 Likes

Very specific. Much more than I could be.

1 Like

It’s not, I’ve been there