Community Geoguesser

Good one, man! You mentioned all but one of the clues plus a few I missed. The only extra one that I thought of was the color pattern of the taxicabs.

1 Like

“It does! Oh shoot! How stupid of me! Now everybody is going to find it, but I’m too lazy to replace it.” :wink:

I left it there intentionally, actually :slight_smile:

I also noticed the gigantic number on the bus, which seems to be common in Buenos Aires as well

1 Like

Vsotvep’s one without the answer on the page:
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 12.37.11 PM

To be clear, without that hint, you’ll never find it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The flag didn’t work.

This is evil. On the other hand, I have learned that Integralbianco flour is white flour with properties of integral flour, that it is soluble in water, and something about artisan’s bread making process. It might have been just hype though, because this business seems to have since disappeared.

Also, Italian is more intelligible than I previously thought.

EDIT: Found it! Flour did help somehow.

2 Likes

Amazing, good job, I didn’t expect it would be found so I had just made another hint. Seems that wasn’t necessary.

1 Like

Here’s a new challenge.

Hint:

You’ve probably heard of this place without knowing anything about it.

1 Like

Turns out it was a bakery associated to one of the mills that produced/produces that brand of flour. The name Molino Varvello came out of a youtube video from 5 years ago.

Soooooo yeah…

Maybe a tricky one?

This is the goal:

Nearby snapshots:

2 Likes

I’ve “found it”, but not found out where exactly it is

Now I have:

1 Like

Here’s another picture from around the corner:

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wonder if it would be out of order to ask if the geoguessers can locate this:

A friend of mine who was impressed by our fun here asked me…

(I thought you might not mind because there are a number of interesting features in there!)

3 Likes

This seems pretty hard… I can’t read anything in the video (car plates, company names on trucks…).

My first thought was that it might be in some former Soviet republic, or in an oil rich Arabic country like Saudi Arabia. But in these countries, there are rather few photospheres / streetview pictures.

Yeah, my friend who is interested said it is supposedly in Russia, in the south.

The things that make it seem like it might be unique are the trees, the ferris wheel, the mosque and the mountains. But I guess even so it’s a very long shot.

2 Likes

Okay, good to know you also see the ferris wheel. :sweat_smile: I was not sure if there really was one.

Well, then it could be somewhere around Baku, maybe close to this place:

Ashgabat is also possible, but there are very few photospheres.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Got it: https://www.google.de/maps/@51.1045327,-2.3224406,2a,75y,270.78h,86.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suUviG0OunrgU1N5nK7OkRA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Btw, I looked for mausoleums first - and then for neoclassical temples. There are many. :flushed:

Over the last weeks, I spent some time here and there to find out where this picture might have been taken: Images of newer times
It must have been taken from here: https://www.pinterest.es/pin/341007003022697481/ , or at least I couldn’t find it anywhere else apart from Pinterest. No matter what I searched for, I didn’t find anything similar. So I looked for parks at lakes, with mountains nearby… So far only in Japan. No success as of now.

2 Likes

New challenge:

(I have not been there myself. I found it while trying to solve another challenge, and liked the place very much.)

2 Likes

I have tried two times as well, and apart from that other statue of go players that Gia already linked, I couldn’t find anything…

1 Like

(Here a link to the video, for those who can’t watch it in the post above)

It’s a lot of fun to solve this one, so I’ll put the answer in a spoiler:

1 Like