Detective Go šŸ” The First Game

They would be in atari for one turn, right? Since Martin is going to capture next turn?

1 Like

Well they could be in atari now, but sure with two of us capturing they could be out of atari temporarily. Of course yebellz could just play the would be capturing stone immediately on the next move and theyā€™re back in atari.

Anyway will we go with

blue K4
yellow M14
green O14

?

1 Like

Iā€™m not too worried about N16 and N15 getting captured. I view my stones as disposeable candles that light up the darkness, possibly revealing yebellz positions and generally reducing the number of possibilities we have to deal with.

However since multiple stones were revealed in the vicinity of the top-right, I would like to continue reinforcing my position somewhat.

Looking at the rest of the board, I notice that we donā€™t have a lot of presence near the center.

2 Likes

Ok, then how about:

blue H8
yellow M14
green O14

?

More presence in the centre, and N14 in atari.

2 Likes

Sure, sounds good to me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lets try it.

@yebellz

3 Likes

Demo Board

Your turn (@martin3141, @Vsotvep, @shinuito)

Ok, back to normal business, I guessā€¦ Iā€™m going to play K2, donā€™t trust the lower part.

Well we knew that M14 and O14 would be no collisions, so Iā€™m not surprised that we didnā€™t gain much information this turn. I would like to play N13 here, to validate and make good use of these two moves.

2 Likes

Iā€™m open to h2 or j3 to also strengthen my stone unless you think itā€™s a waste?

I donā€™t know if picking one of the other ~248** (=17^2-41) points at random is much use. It seems like a low probability of hitting something (15-2-4=9 stones from yebellz) ~9/248ā‰ˆ3.5% chance.

** I got the number of stones on the board from taking the url parameter string from the stones and dividing by 3, but counting by hand I think itā€™s blue 14, yellow 12 , green has 11 and 4 visible red ones.

As a helpful recap:

I went looking back through the posts to see if I got this right.

yellow I have 12/14 stones as I got one stone captured at g16, and collided with g15, which maybe is what prompted yebellz to capture my stone (?), if he was found out anyway.
blue 14/14 stones, I think everything was placed looking back.
green 11/14 stones, collisions with Q6, j16, n14.
red 4/15 visible, 2/15 captured (g15, g17), so thatā€™s 9 unaccounted for. (Iā€™m assuming yebellz wonā€™t be passing)

There might still be errors, if anyone wants to double check :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think B9 would be more helpful, it splits the right side effectively, meaning that either the whole C9 group must be captured or both sides need at least 3 eyes each to survive.

If you want to protect J2, thatā€™s fine too, then I could play B9 as a scouting stone, so to say: It would be impossible to capture both the yellow stones and my stone with one move.

2 Likes

B9 is also good. Happy with that one.

Are we happy with

blue K2
yellow B9
green N13

?

2 Likes

Yeah letā€™s go for it.

@yebellz

2 Likes

yep!

1 Like

Demo Board

Your turn (@martin3141, @Vsotvep, @shinuito)

3 Likes

Iā€™m back to no ideas @Vsotvep and @martin3141 :slight_smile:

It feels a bit slow to play things like n14 to connect to make sure of a lot of liberties.

I could play like E16 to capture the stone at F16 that I think we know is still there. If thereā€™s more than one stone and a collision weā€™ll see it.

I could play something in the middle like h11 or scout as you were thinking @Vsotvep like if play c5 or E2 to see if thereā€™s shenanigans in another corner.

1 Like

We can always go back to random search if we need inspiration. I must admit I have lost sight of when which stones were played for the most part. Iā€™m thinking of placing a stone at or around K7, or next to L10.

The capture of F16 doesnā€™t seem urgent to me, now that Iā€™m thinking about it. The only troublesome scenario that we should avoid, is that yebellz captures three of our stones with one move, which would be by playing G15. But for the time being, we know that there is no stone at J15.

Generally Iā€™m not at all worried about the top side anymore, so I would like to help you reinforce your positions Shinuito and Vsotvep, or scout and try to reveal yebellz stones.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, I had a long day of traveling. Iā€™m thinking of L2, D4 or J6 for my move.

I think Martin playing G15 at some point is worthwhile: neither H15 nor G16 can be captured without us noticing, But, G15 can be played by yebellz to capture the G14 and F15 stones and our attempts at recapturing it will need some coordination, since thereā€™s no direct ko rule: if we recapture and get re-recaptured immediately, we have to make sure that the third stone we place does not collide twice in a row, since that would be a repetition of the board position.

2 Likes

I would rather play E16 than G15, to be honest. The latter reduces our own liberties. If E16 turns out to capture the F16 stone, that should solve the problem as well I believe. And otherwise we reveal a stone at E16 and gain information.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to play L9. Is that alright with you @Vsotvep @shinuito ?

1 Like