Diplomatic Go 🗡 The First Game

besides, I think I’m playing way differently than you would expect

2 Likes

Yes, you do have a point there

1 Like

But they have to be good as well as unexpected. For example, playing self-atari on every move isn’t exactly expected, but it isn’t good.

now I’m curious what you did expect.

1 Like

I expected my first move to be a collision, and then I thought G8 and H7 were likely second and third choices.

le_4TC is attacking 李建澔2’s group rather well.

Considering that I’m a 17k and playing against a 4d, 6k, 13k, and 18k I don’t think I’m doing terribly. Although I may be doing the worst of all of us.

Unpredictable moves are annoying, because we a) can’t do a strategic move collision to deprive you of moves, and b) we don’t know how to respond.

My (probably bad) logic was that if I went there you would capture me and I would lose from that

1 Like

Well I don’t want y’all to kill me so I won’t let you.

1 Like

On the other hand: being weak on the board might actually be an advantage, since you’re less likely to become a target for the rest. Maybe trying to get ahead is a bad strategy in itself :open_mouth:

Honestly part of why I didn’t team up with you was because I felt like that would make me play super defensive and you would just gain territory. And also cause I thought you’d betray me.

1 Like

I was just thinking, what if I played in the center.

1 Like

Also btw, does anyone know how to remove a member from a pm thread? I wanted it to show up so I invited discobot and now discobot keeps talking in my malko thread I made and becoming a distraction.

1 Like

If the PM thread involves only just you and discobot, it might not be possible. However, you can always just create a new PM with just yourself (and maybe even copy-paste older content over).

Note: you can also bookmark a private self-message to make it easier to find later, without having to go to your “sent” box.

1 Like

thanks for the help, yebellz!!!

2 Likes

How did I not think of this!! Of course PM’s can be bookmarked!

1 Like

I forget that bookmark thing exists because I never look at my bookmarks, hahaha.

1 Like

Which pm, could I join it?

Not a PM, but a bookmark. By clicking the three dots, and then clicking the bookmark icon (looks like image , in case people these days don’t recognise bookmarks) you can access them more easily in the messaging system (that you access by clicking your profile picture in the top right).
That way you don’t have to search your message to find the right one.