Diplomatic Go

I’m not sure, I think there is more strategy involved if this is not announced. The players would have to share their own lists voluntarily to make the situation clear, and if enough players give their lists, the other lists could possibly be reconstructed as well, making sharing your list one of the resources to offer diplomatically.

It also makes betrayal more attractive, which can only result in more fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I intend to reveal all successful placements made (even if those stones were self-captured) and the who, where, when of all collisions, that is, I will indicate where the each collision occured, which players were involved and which choice it occurred at. The only thing not revealed are a player’s unused backup choices if an earlier choice in their list was successfully placed.

For the example that I posted earlier Diplomatic Go (variant)
The only part of the moves not revealed would be Charlie’s third choice, since he successfully placed his second choice, and the third choice was irrelevant.

1 Like

I would encourage this as well, but please do not publish the video until after the game has completely finished.

For the interested spectators (like @Aumpa, @Goule, @Atorrante, perhaps?), I will also be setting up a private kibitz thread. Please let me know if you would like to be added to that.

Note: after the game is over, I intend to ask the moderators to make the kibitz thread public. Please do not write anything in the kibitz thread that you do not want to become public later. Also, any spectator joining the kibitz thread will be ineligible to serve as a replacement player (if one is needed).

5 Likes

Could you have me in the private kibitz thread? I was going to join but then realized I’m trying to have less games and am not going to accept any more games.

2 Likes

Can I please join the kibitz thread as well?

Ok, I invited you.

1 Like

Thanks.

Yes, I’d like to join the kibitz thread, thanks.

3 Likes

I whipped together a basic editor for Multicolour Go, thought I might as well share it so others can use it to play around with.

Should be pretty self-explanatory, you can click on the board to place a stone, or change a stone to another colour, or remove a stone. Number keys 1-9 will switch between colours, 0 will switch to remove stones.

I will be keeping track of the pilot game on this page, which also shows the usernames next to the colours for convenience.
There is now a save / share board function, so that’s how the game will be shared

5 Likes

Nice work on the editor! That makes the most tedious part of arbitrating much easier!

Just one comment: A1 should be in the bottom-left, to be consistent with typical conventions for the Korschelt system.

1 Like

Ah, you’re right. I’m used to the Arabic - Chinese numerals, which goes from top to bottom. I’ll change it.

2 Likes

Sorry, I moved my last post from the game thread to here.
So I was saying, the editor is nice but I can’t switch/chose colors on my phone (no keypad)

2 Likes

I’ll add some buttons later tonight / tomorrow :slight_smile:
I’m also planning to add some symbols, to make discussion easier.

2 Likes

Another feature suggestion would be to store the board position in localStorage, so that it persists on reloading the page :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now with buttons!

Symbols might come another time, storing the board position sounds like something annoying to code, so who knows if that ever happens :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If everyone responds before 2020-08-13T00:00:00Z will you put it up before 2020-08-13T00:00:00Z?

1 Like

Why does discourse always show Paris along with my time zone?

1 Like

It is a major city. For me, Los Angeles is also shown (with New York, my time zone).

1 Like

I don’t think discourse is great with predicting locations. Like if you go to profile/preferences I think it tries to say where you’re logged in from

1 Like

The round ends at the deadline, both because it makes it easier to manage for me, and because players still have the option to continue discussion and possibly change their moves.

1 Like