Doubled games in tournament

Monthly Simultaneous McMahon 2020-01-16 17:00

two games with each oponent in this tournament

2 Likes

We (the players of this tournament) are wondering if moderators are aware of the issue with this tournament. Hopefully, we will not have a similar issue in the second tournament round, as the shear number of games is hard to manage…

1 Like

Same happened with this one https://online-go.com/tournament/56272

As a bug it’s annoying… but as a feature that generates more games for me, this is great! xDD

2 Likes

@dadapapa You’ll be glad to hear that the bug is listed on the development site as a ‘High Priority Bug’. The bad news is that it’s back-end code so it can’t be fixed by one of our helpful contributors. It has to be handled personally by the dev team. I suspect that it is also tricky to fix because it occurs inconsistently. Anyway, listed here.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply, Kosh, I really appreciate it! Sorry to hear that this is one of these hard-to-find bugs that happen infrequently enough to make tracking them down a pain…
As a workaround, maybe doubled games that are not part of the tournament proper could either be annulled by moderators or at least marked as unranked so that players can decide whether they want to play the doubles or not without impacting their ranks? I am aware that this adds to the workload of mods, so I fully understand if that’s not viable.
Kudos to all the devs and mods of this lovely community in any event!!!

1 Like

Your example is interesting @_KoBa because the tournament is extremely similar to my custom 9x9 tournaments. However; the bug has never hit my custom tournaments (~100+) and all the examples that I can remember are from auto-site-wide ones? Can anyone contradict this with an example of the bug in a custom tournament?

Not sure I understand correctly, but to talk generally about things I do know for sure :smiley:
any game below two moves is automatically annulled, there is no impact on rank (it does however matter to the tournament points).

I am also happy to annul any game that is obviously far from decided when both players agree to that, that’s not a problem, but not sure how much that helps here.

Sorry about all the trouble. Hopefully anoek will find out the problem soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I played in a tournament where it set up I think 3 games per one game supposed to be played:

In Round one.

I don’t know if it’s a related bug or not, but maybe you’d know?

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s the same bug. Wow! That blows my theory about it being only site-wide tourneys. Did the bug occur in every round of the tournament?

1 Like

I guess this was the relevant thread since it was linked in the tournament chat