Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

We could have some combos like lichess+chess 5c xiangqi+chess+shogi 8c

1 Like

I donā€™t remember if weā€™ve mentioned it, but Iā€™m following a European Championship game while working on something else on my laptop, so a pop-up kind of mini-player of the goban to display over other browser tabs would be such a help right now.

4 Likes

You could try this:

And there are other autohotkey commands for removing the titlebar, resizing windows, etc.

5 Likes

hereā€™s another option, this browser extension: https://www.tabfloater.io/
actually I was thinking about looking for something like this for another purpose, thanks for the reminder

Supposedly it needs a companion app to be installed the get the most value but I just tried it on Firefox (+ubuntu) and it seems to work totally fine even without the companion app, maybe it depends on the system :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I use Ubuntu+Firefox and I just need to resize a window and set it as top window in all workspaces and it works fine. No need to install an addon.

3 Likes

For noobs like me: Alt+Space brings up the option on any window, including firefox.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know if itā€™s been mentioned, but would really like a one-click (e.g. top menu bar) temporary practice board (actually if someone has a link to a website that serves this purpose, thatā€™d be cool too). As a beginner, itā€™s really nice to practice clicking through joseki for instance.

Iā€™m aware of the demo board hidden away in the side dropdown, but itā€™d be nice not to click through a game setup dialog and nice also to be default private so I donā€™t have to click around to delete it.

While weā€™re at it, would be nice not to have to click 3 times to see my own profile.

3 Likes

You have a direct access to profile in OGS menu(click and maintain, slide, release)
For beginners an easier use of a private demo is a nice idea (although that may delay your ability to see) but an incentive to use it for higher levels which may not be pleasing for many people here.

1 Like

If you donā€™t want to create a demo board, and just want some other website to bookmark, this might work for you:
https://yewang.github.io/besogo/testing.html

This link is in the top-menu:
https://online-go.com/joseki

There is also a profile link in the top-menu, or you can bookmark the URL to your profile:
https://online-go.com/player/992852/

If you use Vivaldi browser you can have a side-window sitting on an empty board or OJE that opens and closes with one click at any timeā€¦

1 Like

You could also create a private demo board and bookmark it :slight_smile: (but besogo is nice too)

Is this a mobile thing? Iā€™m on a computer.

This is excellent thanks! Yes I should have clarified, not the joseki explorerā€”I want to test my memory of joseki without the hints

1 Like

Whatā€™s a good bounty to implement mandatory dark accessibility theme?

10 Likes

Rengo auto-sorry mode. After the weaker player from a pair plays a move it automatically sends a sorry in chat. If the move lost >20 points it sends it in Malkovich instead, out of shame.
After prolonged consumer research and personal experimentation I see a great need for this feature.

18 Likes

:rofl:

• Analysis without ladder. Every go player is supposed to read ladders without the help of the analysis board! If 4 successive moves are ataris on the same group without captures, then the analysis board is blocked.
  • Talkativeness score. Some players like to talk a lot during games, others find that annoying. Create a talkativeness score, so that we can reject game requests from players who talk too much or too little.
  • Time bargaining. Feature allowing to make requests like ā€œdo you accept to give me 10 extra minutes in exchange for 2 points?ā€
  • Auto-detection of copying moves. If a player appears to copy moves from another game they are playing, a warning is sent to their opponent: ā€œyour game looks similar to game xxxā€.
16 Likes

Donā€™t forget the option of cancelling a game when your opponent plays mirror go.

6 Likes

Softy. Ban the bastard for good.
:innocent:

2 Likes

Hey now family friendly forum here!

1 Like

Well, another reason why I should ban myself, I often play mirror go with white :sweat_smile:

I would like an automatic ban for everyone who cancels the game after they see the first move in o13

7 Likes