Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

This seems too complicated, because people can enter and leave ladders at will. Also, someone working their way up a ladder would be punished by their vacation days decreasing, even if they never reach #1.

2 Likes

Just scrap vacation. Problem solved!

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Fully customisable UI where every feature/element can be hidden or moved so each user can immediately access the information they’re most interested in.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d especially like to hide those annoying stones invading my moyo.

18 Likes

Now wouldn’t THAT be a feature! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Could we see the ratings that has been gained and lost each game next to the game in the game list?

2 Likes

Note that this thread is not meant for serious suggestions and is full of jokes. You can see for instance “hide the stones invading my moyo” as a suggestion, two posts above yours.

For a serious suggestion, have a look at the subforum “OGS development” or post your own thread in that subforum.

6 Likes

Well this topic is not asking for not serious suggestions only.
You can throw in very serious suggestions which you prefer to hide for some reasons; and there are plenty of them already too.

4 Likes

Sliders next to the demo board to resize it (subtracting/adding columns/rows). Okay, maybe not a feature that everyone secretly wants, but definitely one that will never be implemented… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A really full screen mode like when watching a movie . Just the board, left click put a stone right click put it away.

2 Likes

Have a cutoff on forum posts, reliant on moves/ games.

You can’t keep posting unless you keep playing.

10 Likes

Have a cutoff on moves/ games, reliant on forum posts.

You can’t keep playing unless you keep posting.

12 Likes

Whose side are you on now :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

2 Likes

“Copy joseki to conditional moves” :wink:

12 Likes

Somewhat ambiguous: just one line or the whole OJE database??

3 Likes

I think the answer is obvious. :wink:

4 Likes

“Auto-joseki option” - just automatically always play a joseki move if one exists.

4 Likes

Counter strats:

1. Set up board globally for joseki anti-thesis, then commence joseki sequence

2. Add joseki moves that are good for you to OJE :slight_smile:

5 Likes