Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Automated greetings and “Thanks for the game”

4 Likes

That’s actually already implemented.

In the chat bar, click the up-arrow on the right. You’ll see a list of pre-written messages.

1 Like

Yeah but they don’t submit themselves every game… I think that was the implied desire

2 Likes

The ability to check at which move a game becomes unique to the OGS database.

7 Likes

So you can print unique wallpapers ?

Video commentary directly on OGS with viewers using the chat functions (sharing variations, highlighting coordinates) to discuss a game.

1 Like

Undo game.

…but you’re just transported to a state of the universe from before the game happened.

8 Likes

This can interface with OGS (though I’ve not tried that feature yet)…

If it’s available in your region, it’s kinda what you describe. I recommend the look and feel at least.

Sorry if that looks too much like an ad, but it’s soooo nice I couldn’t not mention it.

2 Likes

Didn’t check that (and never used stream too, although i am quite a game addict)

A category named “asked and answered/ beaten that horse to 3 afterlifes already/ yes, again”, so we can mute the whole category at once and don’t have to mute each thread individually.

3 Likes

Probably easier to just call it Reddit :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Category: “Flag Complaints” :sob:

Edit: I should just stop saying things

3 Likes

If you correctly guess your opponents moves by planning with the conditional move it charges up a special meter unlocking a super power when full.

15 Likes

I’d really like to see my opponent’s face when they play a long line against my autoplayed moves.

On my side it is extremely satisfactory. On their side I suppose it must feel a bit creepy that all their moves were anticipated in the autoplay.

Maybe one day I’ll be on the other side and I’ll know how it feels! But so far I’ve never been faced with a long line of autoplay.

5 Likes

If not the face, we could have a line of sounds , the same as in some games with increasing combos

Or these "good " “great” “excellent” “unbelievable” etc…

6 Likes

Imagining this

just generally throughout the game, though KO is obviously pronounced ko rather than K.O. and the others seem to work too, “time up”, “perfect”, “you lose”, “double ko” would be very funny to have announced :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

ASCII theme, with board and everything else made with just ASCII graphics ^____^

7 Likes

Actually seems unironically useful; assuming that sort of cheating actually occurs.

I agree with the objections to rating players like this, but what about rating moves? That could be a fun addition to kibitiz. I’m imagining a like/dislike tally on the most recent move (or the current move if analyzing instead of following live). Might just be another excuse for people not to participate more actively in kibitzing, though, which would be an undesirable effect.

1 Like

Yes, cheating by copying moves from another game occurs now and then. Typically people play a bot and a human simultaneously, relaying the human opponent’s moves into the bot game and the bot responses into their human game. This is illegal, as it is a form of bot assistance.

2 Likes

The ability to edit messages sent in game chat.

5 Likes