Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Note: It is currently illegal to play in a rengo game with more than one account.

1 Like

Auto-adaptive rengo: The AI constantly watches the game. The next player to play for a team is always determined by some randomness, but if your team is behind, the stronger players will have higher chances of being assigned the next move and vice versa.

10 Likes

Rengo T.E. (Training Edition). Team has one lead, multiple subs. Each sub optionally ā€˜playsā€™ a candidate move on each of their teams turns, but it merely transfers it up to the team leads board (perhaps anonymously). Team leads are limited to selecting from the S.I. (Student Intelligence) options, then itā€™s transferred to the ā€˜realā€™ board.

1 Like

That one reminds me of Big Brother Malkovich games.
https://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=135&sid=d44aa473759b240a34e2157f13502d2e

(However, there would still be substantial differences.)

Well as long as you donā€™t need to plug them.

Illegal? What country are you in? I want to move to that place that takes its Go so seriously.

12 Likes

It used to be a lot more common. I spent a couple nights in jail in the late 80s for one of these rengo violations. The Go police are no joke!

10 Likes

4 Likes

It would be really nice if OGS got rid of Japanese rulesā€¦ <3

7 Likes

Or maybe, we can implement them properly: if the scoring AI sees a move the players missed that changes the outcome, itā€™s a loss for both players :laughing:.

5 Likes

Or maybe only allow Japanese rules when both players have a rating above some rating threshold, above which there is rarely misjudgement/disagreement in group status during scoring (apart from score cheaters).
Maybe somewhere around 13-10k?

5 Likes

Letā€™s make our own OGS rules.

8 Likes

OGS rules stipulate that your game needs to be manually scored by OGF pedants.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s only if they both want to resume and canā€™t agree who goes first. The players are well within their rights to score the game as is, indeed I think many people would. The proper way to resolve this is not use a rude scoring AI that interrupts the players doing the scoring phase according to the rules of mutual agreement of status with outside knowledge of a superhuman player.

4 Likes

I like that we have a territory scoring option, but changing the default ruleset to something simpler like AGA or Chinese would be good IMO.

11 Likes

My suggestion was definitely not an actual suggestion, just to be completely clear. Iā€™m 100% on team ā€œkill the scoring AI.ā€ But yes, I was mistaken about what the rules say: it is indeed about the players finding an effective move, not the existence of an effective move.

1 Like

An extra column on the custom challenge list showing a typical overall time open challenges might typically be finished in given board size and time settingsā€¦

3 Likes

An extra column on the Custom Long Game list saying whether or not a game has Pause on Weekends

2 Likes

An extra column on the custom challenge list that just says ā€œfun will be hadā€ :yum:

2 Likes

An option that automatically hides all menu items that you never used before and replace them with a ā€œmoreā€ link at the bottom. :grin:

9 Likes