Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

When we play stupid moves, a pop-up window should show with an obvious side eye and a sigh.

9 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

That won’t be a pop up anymore with my games, just one more window.

5 Likes

Feature A: Shared control of a review between multiple users (without having to give and take control)
or
Feature B: Overview page showing one game being reviewed on multiple boards by different reviewers.

I’m imagining a group of users who are reviewing a game together while everyone plays out some variations and yet see the variations of other players simultaneously too.

4 Likes

A New Landing Page specifically tailored to their own personal preferences, but applied to everyone else too.

6 Likes

Are you thinking of some collection of saved patterns created by users you could use for yourself (layout included)?
Or just a collection of widgets like on a mobile phone for the welcome screen?

5 Likes

I m not completely sure on this. There could be times where your ko threat may have to be followed by more moves, and each of these moves can’t be left as ko threats. But i don’t have any position to show for illustration. I mean it is still a ko threat at the end, just you have to play a full sequence instead of just one move.

I actually have a position in an ongoing game where we started a ko and then ignored it for several moves and then came back to finish it.

Whether it was correct or not I’ll find out after, and if I remember I’ll post here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I strongly second this, but I’d like to add also Dwyrin’s keywords!
“Easy peasy!”
“May I take these stones?”
“I’m not trying to kill!”
and so on…

And maybe also Haylee’s question: “is that sente?”

:smiley:

2 Likes

18 Likes

o_0 I WANT DIS!

2 Likes

A board on the OGS home page where anyone can make a move (say 1/day) like the most casual, communal rengo possible…
Inspired by

14 Likes

I would actually love this.

2 Likes

I’ll leave you to suggest it to Clossius to incorporate into the landing page design!

4 Likes

How would we call it? :thinking:
The pan-goban?

3 Likes

Although actually, I wonder if this might be the kind of thing that if we actually did could become a feature that would actually bring people to OGS.
“Have you made a move on the pan-goban?” they might ask on Reddit, intrigued people might come over and decide to try ogs for a game where they are here…

Also I wonder how fast the games would be. If every visitor placed a move I guess the game wouldn’t last long!

7 Likes

Yeah it’s the kind of light-fun thing that could gather attention. Good idea :slight_smile:

Incoming “Twitch plays Go on OGS Pango

5 Likes

It would be interesting to get AI feedback on that one move, either right away or when the game ends a few hours later. Maybe with a ranking system to gamify it a bit.

8 Likes

Yeah and automatic chat comments like *“Wow Feijoa just lost 30 points, what a loser! :sunglasses:

8 Likes