Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Reminds me of a Canadian streamer whose name eludes me currently; not Clossius or Ben.
He has a communal neon goban in the background which new subscribers can play one move on. Nifty idea.

4 Likes

Not a feature I want but a present feature I can do very well without.

Normal as default would be great, and putting it if so desired to watching, tracking or muted is okay too.
But not the annoying big brother switching because it is programmed that way.

1 Like
4 Likes

Do you mean how that automatically switches when you post or have been reading a thread for a while?

That behavior can be changes under the settings: Preferences ā†’ Notifications

3 Likes

How about ā€œHotel California Rengoā€?
If you time out you donā€™t drop from the game but instead go to the back of your team until your turn comes round again.

ā€œYou can check out any time you like, but you can never leaveā€

9 Likes

I frickin love it. This is in the wrong thread :wink:

8 Likes

Are you going to work on implementing this for a 1 April roll out?!

6 Likes

OMG! April 1 features! :face_with_monocle: :japanese_goblin:

9 Likes

Uh ohā€¦

4 Likes

Might not even need dev effort- Iā€™ve been re-added to a rengo or two :yum:

6 Likes

Stones in all games swap colours: your stones are still in same place, but white stone image becomes black stone and vice versa.

5 Likes

There was a short-lived bug in the summer of 2021 in which that actually happened on a move (not to all stones) on two occasions in my game with Kosh. IIRC a few other people experienced that at the time as well. Thatā€™s heart attack time.

5 Likes

Conditional score acceptation

After you have passed and before your opponent has passed, guess the score (B+xxx or W+xxx)
If your opponent passes and accepts the score (after marking the dead groups themselves or relying on the autoscore) and the score is exactly what you had guessed, then the score is automatically accepted on your behalf.

5 Likes

Wait that means I have to count? :scream:

3 Likes

Absurdium delirium

An option to play no ? and only stronger players, that you can even chose when creating your account.

1 Like

Without counting: I accept the score if it says Iā€™m the winner of the game.

3 Likes

a notification that your opponent is running out of time, so that you can pause the game before sudden timeout >____>

8 Likes

ā€¦check if they have already timed out (no rating gain) or been kicked from the ladder already, and only thenā€¦

:smirk:

1 Like

A game setting in which you switch color and play again each time an AI state that there is a large drop or climb in the winning % graph.
For not monopolizing, canā€™t be cumulative.

3 Likes

Imagine playing a series of bad moves on your own while your opponent is locked out of the game. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes