Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

There was a bit of discussion on this thread and on another thread about Backgammon’s doubling cube:

1 Like

If player A loses a rated correspondence game G by timeout, and if the n previous games of player A were correspondence games lost by timeout, then game G is rated with a coefficient 1/2n.

3 Likes

A way to see your finished games/ sgf library in thumbnails, like the ongoing games.

I remember I played a certain corner that looked like something, but I can’t remember against whom, so I have to open all my games. :crying_cat_face:

10 Likes

Well… this is the case in MrAlex’s app Sente-Online Go

Just scroll across however far you need to!

8 Likes

I remember I used it for a bit but something didn’t work for me, so I uninstalled it. I might try again, but it would make it worthwhile on a laptop screen, how many thumbnails are easy to see on a phone?

Unless

4 Likes

Always worth doing that and seeing if the improvements help I guess!

Well it’s sideways scrolling so three fit on a modern phone screen but I guess more on a foldable phone…
Now that I think about it and totally off topic, I wonder if playing go is better on a folding phone. Up to now I’ve not been able to see the point of these!

4 Likes

“Hide ranks and ratings” is not enough.
Score of the game after 2 passes should be hidden too.
In game history there shouldn’t be ‘Result’ column.

5 Likes

Not long ago in another topic, it was suggested to show how many points you win/lose after each game.
Well the hide ranks and rating should apply on this if it is one day integrated.

2 Likes

On another topic, have some AI chatbot which could detect offensive words coming in game chat before you read them and change them into some inspiring poetic lines.

7 Likes

Over violent fights and dead groups, there should automatically be thick black censor bars.

You can remove them by confirming to the question “This content may be offensive to some users. Are you really sure?”

7 Likes

It’s perfectly fair with 9.0 komi. :smiley:

1 Like

And don’t forget Pro player’s color!

2 Likes

Alternative to submit move button:
There should be bowl with Go stones in bottom right corner of screen.
After each move you have to click on it to activate ability to place next stone.

10 Likes

You should be able to click on your bowl whenever you want, even when it is not your turn, and it will play a stone rattling sound for both you and your opponent.

16 Likes

And your game get reported for rude behaviour if you do it too often

5 Likes

Some kind of VIP game status as a choice.
This would create some automatic announcement like in the main chat for ex.
impose a delay for starting so watchers may have enough time to join. Could include a more large schedule.

3 Likes

And your opponent should see your ghost stone cursor.

7 Likes

THIS!

1 Like

Different options for ladders in groups:

Analysis on or off
Handicap on or off

8 Likes

I really hope this isn’t in the “will never be implemented” bucket. So many opportunities:

• Sunjang in the Sunjang group
  • Fast time settings in Fast Corr group
  • AGA in the AGA group (or just generally ability to select non-Japanese ruleset)
8 Likes