Features everyone secretly wants on OGS but will never be implemented

Boosting! I started out as a big fan of ladders, and rapidly cooled on them because I had to stop playing so many of my games with settings that turn out to be bad for me right now. (Clock too slow, and I should play most games with analysis disabled, etc.)

And I’d love for it to be easier to set up sunjang games.

5 Likes

Realistic Timer Mode:
you have to click on timer after each move to not timeout.

9 Likes

had to look this up. a few years ago i was playing games that started with a tsumego in the middle of the board. I do like a game with variable setup.

Is there a way to request some of these features?

This is possible now, just not in ladders. It’s done with the “Fork Game” feature

2 Likes

And if you capture a group of stones, you have to click on each stone to remove it from the board before being allowed to click on the timer.

5 Likes

you also have to click on the lid before that

4 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s what we used for the tsumego games. I was thinking more about ladders and different settings for handicaps, time, analysis …

1 Like

Each time you would like different choices of settings, each time you divide the pool of players participating. (Same problem with automatch for example)

But most group ladders right now get little or no use.

Surely the group ladders would get more use if Fast Correspondence group ladders had fast clocks, if New Zealand Tournament group ladders were played by NZ rules, etc.

5 Likes

Surely a great suggestion. A group may personalize his ladder setting.

3 Likes

You also have to bow to the computer before you start to play.

7 Likes

Speech-to-text input will also require you to pronounce “Onegaishimasu” correctly before you can place the first stone.

9 Likes

STONE ART ONLINE

You can’t close the game until it ends.

6 Likes

but it’s one of those variants where a certain number of captures are an auto-win
and if you lose that way you die in real life

messy real board mode: all stones are slightly different in size, shape and shell pattern, and each stone is ever so slightly off-center by a random amount.

6 Likes

Custom komi for demo boards… :sob:

3 Likes

Like Sabaki (the programme)?

3 Likes

Move Effects

• Slam Your stone is placed with extra loud echoing sound.
  • Smash As Slam, and nearby stones are scattered, but return to their positions, all with appropriate sounds.
    • What about a bonus for subscribers: a designated stone is moved to an adjacent spot or removed altogether?
  • Slide Make your stone become visible before it reaches the desired spot, quiet placement.
  • Fumble Similar to Smash, but quiet and with automatic apologetic messages.
  • Splash An animation of you (¡or your opponent!) putting your fingers in your drink instead of your bowl.

Have I missed anything important?

9 Likes

Hover, the stone appears somewhere, seemingly elevated, and is then either lowered or placed somewhere else.

7 Likes

Hover may include a green translucent effect in the black stone and the stone may be hold between unusual fingers (especially the thumb)

1 Like