Forum Tutorial

It seems 50 is the basic value. For the “Crazy in Love” Badge you have to spend all possible likes in a day.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/badge-discussion-like-ratios-spending-likes/41036:
This one might be quite hard to achieve as the default is currently 50, and higher trust levels can have a multiplier to make it even higher.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/crazy-in-love-badge-numbers-are-hardcoded-in-the-text-despite-the-likes-limit-variance/42365

Edit: About trust levels:
member: 1.5x likes
regular: 2x likes
leader: 3x likes

1 Like

So it’s like 1000… No one will trust you anymore

Wow! Forget the profile page, put that into your CV!

6 Likes

I will :sunglasses:

1 Like

@discobot quote

@discobot fortune

:left_speech_bubble: Take it easy — but take it. — Woody Guthrie

1 Like

@discobot quote

@discobot fortune

I think it requires an endline character to catch both. Edit: Nope. It’s broken. :confused:

:left_speech_bubble: Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. — Oscar Wilde

1 Like

Honestly can’t remember. I was pointed to it, probably by a notification message, but it could also be by a mod in the chat. I didn’t know anything about discourse before then.

BTW, how do you get the list of existing badges ???

2 Likes

In the menu upright and in your profile too
:herb:

Thanks for the awesome pointer, @Kosh, I didn’t know that either but had sometimes wondered where that tutorial may be :smiley: got both badges within a few minutes <happy happy> :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOOOOL, from the Search Log in the Forum Admin Panel:

Keywords: #discourse #meta #discobot #tutorial

9 Likes

The page becomes unresponsive every time I try and type the at symbol followed by discobot in the tutorial :frowning:

1 Like

It let me skip that step so I now have certificate too :sunglasses:

Yeah @ tagging is broken across the whole forum currently, we’re working with discourse to try and resolve this ASAP.

Edit: Welcome, by the way! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok thanks for the info.

1 Like

Any news about the broken forum software?

Also, try typing “#” at the beginning of a line, followed by any character except space … same result as typing @ followed by any character except space.

I think anoek contacted discourse people, but AFAIK there was no response yet.

It is quite a bizarre case, as we are running a pretty vanilla install of discourse and it seems no basic reset/upgrade/reinstall seems to be helping :man_shrugging:

In the meantime quoting someone is as good as @ mentioning them if you have the chance.

2 Likes

Ah, OK, thx. What I also found odd is that it is not possible any more to invite somebody to a thread (so I always have to bug anoek on the game server :neutral_face:).

1 Like

@trohde It seams to work again.

2 Likes