Fractional Team Go, Game 1

For me B1 or F2 are good candidate moves. Basically we need to decide wich group we try to captire, before our group runs out of liberties. So go for B1 :+1:

@Here_We_Go , are you submitting B1?

1 Like

Yes, B1 can confirm.

3 Likes

Ok, here is the updated position:

fractional_game1_43

2 Likes

@Vsotvep what are your thoughts on the game?

2 Likes

@Vsotvep please remember that itā€™s your turn. I would really appreciate your move :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ I think Iā€™ll play A2ā€¦

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you :grin:
I answer with F2:

fractional_game1_44

Regardless of how this game is going to conclude, I hope that everyone is having a good time. Personally Iā€™m enjoying the mess :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Iā€™m having fun, but I tend to stall games when I donā€™t see a good move :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear it. Thereā€™s no need to worry, this game is to try out the mechanics after all. Besides, I think that your move is good!
I wonder if there will be a ko at c1, and how that might play out ^^

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s not even worry about losing, just that thereā€™s no move that seems to work, yet.

2 Likes

F1 seems to be the only possible move, so Iā€™ll play that, but it doesnā€™t look like it works out in the endā€¦

2 Likes

Alright, hereā€™s the board:

fractional_game1_45

3 Likes

Letā€™s try A4, so that group has no eyes.

1 Like

Iā€™m thrilled that this game is progressing :slight_smile:
As usual hereā€™s the updated position:

fractional_game1_46

1 Like

It is currently @Vsotvep s turn. What move do you want to play?

2 Likes

I canā€™t read out any way to win this ko-like situation.

A1 leads to certain death, after Martin fixees with C1, since we canā€™t win that capture race. But a similar thing happens with trying to approach tho other side.

Maybe Iā€™m overlooking something. Iā€™ll play B6.

2 Likes

Is B1 already occupied?

2 Likes

Sorry, B6, just woke up :stuck_out_tongue:

At least I made the correct move on the board

2 Likes

Honestly I donā€™t see a way either, but my level of confidence is low. Maybe kibitzers can show us some crucial variations we missed after the game finished. Iā€™d like to see some interesting lines that wouldnā€™t be possible in normal two-color go, please :grin:

Anyway, iā€™ll capture by playing A6:

fractional_game1_47

4 Likes