Fractional Team Go, Game 1

fractional_game1_34

I’ll try G9:

fractional_game1_36

@Here_We_Go my red stones around G8 are very worried about their future. That E8 move has maybe made it difficult for my red chains to find permanent security.

I’m hoping they’ll survive at least one go-around, but the situation is very tense.

I’m not too concerned, I can’t see a way for them to be captured without white filling in their own eyes in the top right.

That said, I won’t be surprised to be surprised…

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I have no idea what to do. Should I try F9?

I must admit, this is about the extend of my reading a couple of moves before. I’m not sure if F9 really helps us or not. It seems kind of irrelevant, I guess?

How about D7? Or J2?

Ok, I’ll play J2

1 Like

I’d like to play C7 so that White cannot play D7 and we can decide (hopefully) whether we would like D7 to be Red or Blue depending on the situation.

1 Like

Sure, go for it :+1:

C7, final answer.

@Vsotvep friendly reminder that it’s your turn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. Well… Uhm…

I don’t see how to resolve the standoff in the top right, so I’ll play B4, then.

3 Likes

I’d like to use this opportunity and make the game exciting again! D3:

fractional_game1_37

1 Like

I’ll try D2

3 Likes

and of course, you are doing.

3 Likes

I’ll try, er I mean do, C3.

3 Likes

Ok, here is the current board:

fractional_game1_38

1 Like

I’m hesitating between B3 or D4, but I don’t think D4 actually works… Maybe B2?

What do you think, @yebellz?

2 Likes

It’s difficult to read, but I’m not sure if D4 works either. Seems kind of risky, since they could eventually descend at B3 to cut off your group. To survive, I think we need to keep our stones connected as one cohesive white group around that corner.

They eventually have the cut at E2 that I must respond to, so that makes my D2 stone in potential trouble.

B3 seems safest to me, but I’m not too sure it works either.

If you go B3, then I think Martin would play C2, and I would like to play D4, but I don’t think I can since E2 is a problem.

Where would we play if this position was simply just white and black?

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree with everything you say… My main problem with B3 is that it is likely too passive, and also doesn’t guarantee a connection at all.

If it was just black and white D4 doesn’t work, but B3 also doesn’t work. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s probably our best bet, though.

I’m playing B3

3 Likes

Good approach, I think.

Either way, the faster it becomes more obvious that we should resign, the less suffering we have to endure!

2 Likes