Free ladders in private groups

I’m not going to be able to convince anybody that ladders should serve as alternative rank. We’ve already had that discussion.

In my primate group, however, I need to be able to make the ladders free.

I have plans to teach kids and I’d rather not have rank battles or discrimination.

I’d like to see finer control over the ladders. Primarily, making my group ladders free games.

I like to see a win-loss record of people in the group against other members of the group so I know who needs more work. Implicitly, I want to choose whether or not members of the group see these standings.

Can I accomplish this within the API?

1 Like

I think you could accomplish everything except for having ladders be free games instead of ranked but I think it’s a great idea to have the option for Group admins… I’ll add that to the list of work to be done while I’m working on the tournament system.

2 Likes

Are handicap ladders on the list? I know some people don’t see the point of them, but I think it would be cool. If you are at the top of the ladder, then your rank is too low, and other players will want to help you fix it ;).

2 Likes

On the surface it’s a good idea I’m just not sure how we’d fit it into the site… so something to think about.

2 Likes

I thought it would be something the group administrator would choose for the group’s ladders.

2 Likes