G0tstats is back! (with more stats)

It’s great. The only thing is that the section at the bottom (about your opponents) doesn’t seem to honour the filters…

I noticed that too… couldn’t decide which way I thought was better so I just kinda left it lol

I think it would be better if it honoured them because you can always select all the filters, but if it doesn’t honour them then teaching games etc mess up that picture.

2 Likes

Yes they’re intended to be so, but I need to find a better way to clarify that they don’t honor the game filter.

The reason with Misc section is that it has information that could be misleading if filtered (member since, most active day etc). If filtered this part would become something like a “Guinness record since 2015”, which is confusing.

Similarly, the “opponent” section doesn’t deal with the games, but with the opponents. I intend to steal borrow @lysnew scatterplot idea, for example, so applying the game filter on the opponent is not logical.

But I understand that I’m not conveying the logic of the filter clear enough. Maybe split them into different tabs instead of 1 page? Hm…

1 Like

Nah, I felt it was clear that the filters didn’t apply there.

I just wished that they did, so my teacher (for example) does not show up as the highest ranked person I played (because I only played unranked games with him).

1 Like

Does anyone happen to know someone who has played a lot, like, ten thousands games or so on OGS?

amybot-ddk and GnuGo

4 Likes

Guess I’ll get some sleep o_0

7 Likes

LOL, sleep well :smiley: :night_with_stars:

4 Likes

Let’s welcome the new url https://avavt.github.io/gotstats/ and also the Import/Export feature (just experimenting, probably with lot bugs :smile: )

3 Likes

not ready for a pin yet then?

2 Likes

I think the app itself is ready for pinning, so yes please :wink:

The export/import feature is for long time stalkers users who check back regularly, so I think it will take sometime before issues could be found…

2 Likes

@anoek I wanted to pin the app for 24 hours but server is saying there is a maximum of 6 hours, is there a way around that?

Pin it 4 times?

2 Likes

I thought of that but then people might have to dismiss the notification 4 times when my goal is for as many people as possible to see it once but not to annoy anyone.

2 Likes

*totally not complaing*

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You aren’t but they might haha

I’m not sure what this stat even represents. Could you tell me what this stat is supposed to represent?

Since Got Stats? is only for representing OGS, perhaps this should be changed to show a max ranking of 25K.

I have been thinking about this and I’m trying to come up with some criteria that would help add something to this argument. To identify what a person’s biggest win would look like to the average player. But it quickly becomes obvious that a person’s “biggest win” is going to be all in the eye of the beholder.

Biggest score, closest game ,19x19 board and winning by 0.5 as Black in a zero komi match, landslide victory, biggest level gap between you and opponent, highest rated opponent beaten, grasping victory at the end of a match when you were certain you had lost (thanks to a grievous opponent error), etc…

Ultimately, making a list of all these different potentials for biggest win and then letting people filter through the possible results would make this stat the coolest. You could handle this with a drop down list box where you changed the value. Not sure if this is worth the time, but it would definitely make the stat ultra cool and flexible :nerd_face:.

1 Like

It represents how likely you are to play the same opponent many times. If you played only one person 100 times your AGPO would be 100 but if you only ever played each opponent once your AGPO would be 1. It’s a number that gets further away from 1 the more likely you are to play any given user more than once.

I like it how it is, the purpose of this site is to show you information that OGS doesn’t.

1 Like

I feel dense right now, because I’m not sure I understand yet. So, if this value is 1.75, it means that I have a 1.75% chance of playing the same opponent twice? How is this value calculated? Maybe that will paint a clearer picture for me. Thank you very much for helping me grasp this Bhydden :blush:.

I hadn’t really considered that viewpoint before. That is a good point. So what is the potential ceiling for the ranking then, 50?