Game chat alt-click position feature

I just discovered that if I alt-click on the game board (Mac) it puts that position into the game chat.

Whoa! :smiley:

6 Likes

I wonder if this works on windows tooā€¦ Will be giving this a go when I get home.

Co-ordinates you mean, right?

BTWā€¦ and OT

Youā€™re a long-time Mac user? Because you wrote ā€œaltā€ while itā€™s been ā€œoptionā€ for quite some time now ā€¦ I also still say ā€œApple+Cā€ etc. instead of ā€œcmd+Cā€ :smiley:

2 Likes

On Windows, it is Ctrl+click

2 Likes

my macbook has both, though it is 10 years old :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The only feature I miss from KGS, which led me to this thread. was the ability to CTRL-click to jump into analyse mode at the point where that stoned was played.
I thought that was really useful.

merely pasting the coordinates onto the chat isnā€™t a huge time saver

This should be implemented for ages. (Maybe itā€™s Alt or Shift). Iā€™m not sure if it only works when you are in analysis mode thought.

1 Like

when in analyse mode, shift clicking a stone will take you to its move in the gameā€¦ so itā€™s literally two steps instead of oneā€¦ right-arrow -> shift+click as opposed to ctrl-click; doesnā€™t really seem like a deal-breaker to me but we all have our own preferences and priorities.

3 Likes

That works nicely ! Thank you very much, I am happy I asked

3 Likes

Thereā€™s some other shortcuts/tricks that I was collecting here

and hopefully to update this section in the docs on shortcuts

SHIFT + LEFT MOUSE BUTTON on any stone or intersection (in analyze mode only!) jumps to a move number in which that coordinate was played

It works in reviews too.

Iā€™m in the process of learning how to update things with github. Maybe itā€™s easier update docs? As in not having to download the whole repo or?

2 Likes

Oh cool, I missed that somehow.

I would be happy to update the documentation (and will do it later if you donā€™t :wink: ), if you want to test it out yourself it is super easy, you need account at github, but thatā€™s it, no downloading repo, no codint, the whole thing is wiki and there should be an ā€œeditā€ button upper right, and you edit in in browser - bonus points if you know markdown, but you can figure it out even without the knowledge I am sure

2 Likes

Sorry I havenā€™t really had the time today to do it. I do see the edit button you mean now though.

1 Like