Games stuck on "loading"

Hi all,

Maybe related, maybe not. I now have a move indicator saying I have two games waiting, but the games are not there in the game list, just opponents name. No clock timings, no tournament name and no green background. Clicking on the game gives ‘loading’ for a long time, but no game.

Kind regards, Mirjam

13 Likes

thanks for letting us know, I’ve passed it onto anoek

Same with me. Can’t access four games in my game list, tried Firefox and Chrome in different modes on different devices.
Regards

5 Likes

I seem to have two rogue games as well. They show up in thumbnail view but never load. In list view they’re missing completely, although you can see that the number of active games includes them.

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 3.29.28 PM

Edit: They aren’t missing completely. It looks like they just blended in, and I didn’t notice them. The usernames are there.

7 Likes

since a few of you are showing up I made a new topic for this discussion :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ha, I’ve got seven! Who can beat that?

5 Likes

I have three.
All of them are ladder games.

Edit: nope, I have 5 from various ladder/tournament.
Sort for game name still works even though game name isn’t displayed.

1 Like

Console says Return url undefined when trying to load games. Is it normal?

window.Game = this;
                try {
                    this.return_url = new URLSearchParams(window.location.search).get("return") || void 0,
                    console.log("Return url", this.return_url)
                } catch (wd) {
                    console.error(wd)
                }
3 Likes

I have about 5 games doing this. On the Zen app the game loads but it will not register my move. The other games are working fine. I have looked on some friends lists and they have a number of games not showing properly like RubyMineshafts.

2 Likes

13 of my games are like this too. I didn’t see there was already a thread here because I created one before learning about it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

+1

Same here!
3 games are like that.

image|231x500

1 Like

One for me as well.

Summary

9 Likes

I just died. Thank you :smile:

2 Likes

I think I have a case of this as well.

2 Likes

I also have a “loading game”, https://online-go.com/game/26812105 (and I think I don’t have a lot of time to play my next move)

1 Like

Perhaps an emergency site-wide correspondence pause could be implemented, if that’s an easy and quicker mitigation, while the underlying bug is fixed. Otherwise, we might soon start seeing a spike in timeouts.

6 Likes

I have a ‘loading’ game too.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue.

2 Likes

I have four (4) games with this problem too (but 16 other seem to be fine)…
My problem games are:

1 Like