Getting to a player's main OGS profile from the forums

Hi,

There doesn’t seem to be a way to get to someone’s main OGS profile (not their forum profile) from the forums. If I want to challenge someone on the forums, the only way I can find to do that is to go back to the OGS main page and do a search for the person’s name so that I can challenge them through that profile.

Currently, when clicking on someone’s name in the forums, the visit profile option takes you to a separate forum profile and from there I don’t see a way to get back to their main OGS profile. It would be nice if there was a way to go directly to someone’s main profile page.

5 Likes

I fully agree, I suspect we might be able to figure out how to hack that feature in at some point here… though I think we’re planning on waiting until Discourse hits the 1.0 milestone before delving into things like that (and it may not be realistically possible, we’ll have to see when we get there :))

3 Likes

That’s an old request (2014!)

There is a suggestion here later to put a link automatically in the forum profile to the ”main site” profile.

I would add that’s something i do really often, mostly to consult game histories but not only. Review requests, teaching…
It’s really tedious to have to search a player’s name each time.

So still no plan to do something ? Or did i miss an easier way to access quickly that profile?

1 Like

There is certainly no easy way currently.

What you can do on a personal level is edit your forum profile and in the Web Site field put a link to your OGS main profile. You can click on my bubble to see an example of this.

Done already, but that doesn’t replace the automatic setting for everyone.

1 Like

Correct, but it’s a good start that not all readers of this thread would have considered :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

In fact i don’t even check users forum profile to see if there is a link because most of the time there isn’t so i am just losing more my time.

Anyway there is a long list of requested small improvements/correction which still makes OGS looking more like a juvenile site full of dots on the face as a well rounded mature one.

There is a long list of requested “small” improvements/corrections for EVERY website… these never go away. Simply because you can’t please everyone and you can’t implement everything. That’s just the reality of live development.

1 Like

Fair enough. As long as OGS doesn’t start to lag behind in the recreation court.